Horseradish deviled eggs are the perfect fit for any holiday season. Whatever the occasion, you need a fresh platter of delicious treats to satisfy your guests’ cravings. Hard-boiled eggs emit an elegant white display, but horseradish deviled eggs will take your food’s presentation to the next level. With a sprinkle of paprika and crumbled bacon on top, both the taste and visual appearance of your horseradish deviled eggs will have your guests wondering what your secret for the rest of the night.
If you’re not sure how to make horseradish deviled eggs, follow our simple recipe to ensure each egg you cook reaches a tasty level of perfection! Hard-boiled eggs may be delicious, but deviled eggs give your favorite snack an added flair. If you’re ready to indulge in a savory bite of heavenly taste, try making our horseradish deviled eggs recipe below.
- Add the bacon to a medium skillet over medium heat. Let the bacon sit on the pan for roughly 4 minutes before turning. Flip the bacon periodically until each side reaches the desired level of crispiness. Once cooked, remove the bacon from the pan and drain excess grease by placing the bacon on a napkin or towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Using a spoon, place the eggs in the bottom of a medium pot or saucepan and add enough water to cover the eggs. Turn the heat on medium and wait for the water to boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, top the pan with a form-fitting lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow the eggs to cook for an additional 7 to 8 minutes before removing the pot from the heat.
- Immediately rinse the eggs under cold water to prevent the yolk from turning gray. Add a handful of ice cubes to a bowl and transfer the cooked eggs to the chilled bowl. Allow the eggs to cool for several minutes. Drain the water and pat the eggs dry.
- Gently peel the shells of the egg and dispose of any waste. After peeling, cut each egg in half horizontally.
- Use a small spoon to scoop the yolk out of each egg. Add the yolks to a mixing dish and set aside.
- In a mixing dish, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, salt, pepper and thyme. Whisk the contents thoroughly. Slowly add the egg yolks to the mix, stirring rapidly to ensure proper distribution of the ingredients.
- Add a spoonful of the yolk mixture back to each egg, topping them off with a dash of paprika and your crumbled crispy bacon. Refrigerate the eggs before serving, and enjoy!
When you take that first anticipatory bite into your deviled-eggs, you’re expecting a crisp, creamy mouthful of deliciousness. Don’t let your experience fall short of expectations due to subpar ingredients. Invest in Sauder’s quality eggs for your next meal! Use our store locator to find a retailer near you.