Frisée Salad With Poached Egg
Frisée is a type of lettuce packed with fiber, vitamins and feel-good minerals that provide you with the necessary nutrients and strength to power through your day with ease. If you haven’t heard of this leafy green, now’s the time to incorporate frisée into your next meal! Get started with a delicious recipe for frisée salad and poached eggs you can prepare and serve in under half an hour, making it the perfect snack for whenever hunger sets in, morning or night.
With a dash of wine and a generous helping of freshly grilled onions on top, this salad transforms your average leafy dish into a flavorful experience. Add a poached egg on top of each serving, and you’ll have a bowl full of healthy and tasty ingredients you can feel good about devouring. Check our frisée salad with poached egg recipe below!
- Place a medium pan or skillet over medium heat and allow the burner to warm. Add each slice of bacon to the skillet — leaving room between each piece — and cook for roughly 7 to 8 minutes, flipping occasionally. Once you achieve the desired level of crispiness, transfer the bacon from the pan to a plate lined with napkins or paper towels to absorb any excess grease. Set aside.
- Use the excess grease in the pan to fry your onions. Add the onions to the pan over medium heat and cook for roughly 7 to 8 minutes, or until slightly brown. Let the onions cool before transferring them to a mixing bowl. Stir in the mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk thoroughly.
- Place a separate pot or saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 to 3 cups of water to the pan and bring the water to a boil. Once the water beings to bubble, add white wine vinegar to the pot and stir. Carefully crack each egg into the water one at a time and use a fork or spoon to separate any eggs that begin to mix.
- Allow the eggs to cook for roughly 3 to 4 minutes. Once the egg whites are cooked but the center is still slightly runny, carefully remove each egg with a spoon or ladle and transfer the eggs to a plate lined with napkins or paper towels. Drain the excess water and set aside.
- Rinse and dry the frisée and arugula. Divide the salad into four separate serving bowls. Add one poached egg to each and top them off with crumbled pieces of bacon. Carefully pour the mustard mixture on top for added flavor and serve immediately.
At Sauder’s Eggs, we believe no dish would be complete without fresh, quality ingredients. Check out our store locator today to find our eggs in a store near you!