Salted Golden Egg Yolk with Sauder’s Eggs
Feeling like you have tried every snack food on the planet? Unless you have been on the streets of Asia or to an Asian-inspired street fair, you might have missed out on salted egg dishes.
Chinese cuisine can be truly delightful to all your senses, as this salted egg yolk recipe shows. We have chosen to add corn to round out our Chinese salted egg yolk recipe dish, but you can omit it if you prefer. You can even try adding other types of veggies, such as peas, to see what the outcome tastes like.
Whenever possible, we encourage experimentation in the kitchen because that is how good food becomes great! Start on your way to being a confident culinary master by learning how to make salted eggs for you and your loved ones. It is one treat that you will be happy to be able to whip up from time to time when a craving strikes. And believe us — you will crave this simple yet tasty delicacy!
1. Mix together sweet corn kernels and 4 tablespoons water in a mixing bowl to moisten every kernel.
2. Lay the sweet corn kernels in a single layer on either a plate, two plates, a platter or a nonstick baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle white or wheat flour to coat the kernels, being careful not to get too much flour in one spot.
4. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Place egg whites in a storage container and refrigerate them immediately so they can be used in a future recipe or added to an omelet or another egg dish.
5. Add remaining water to a small saucepan and boil over high heat. Reduce heat setting to low. Drop the four egg yolks into the boiling water and cook until just soft, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Transfer the cooked egg yolks into a small mixing bowl and add sea salt. Combine the cooked egg yolks and sea salt into a paste-like substance.
6. Pour a 1/2 inch layer of corn oil into a frying pan. Heat on medium-high until a drop of water dropped onto the oil sizzles.
7. Add the flour-coated sweet corn to the heated corn oil all at once. Cook the corn, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes, or until the outside is golden brown. Sprinkle the cooked salted egg yolk paste over the golden sweet corn and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the cooked corn and salted egg yolk onto a platter lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
8. After 2 minutes, cover with another paper towel and press lightly to absorb remaining oil from the top of the snack.
9. Serve the Chinese golden salted egg yolk and corn pieces immediately with a cold beverage of choice.
Your taste buds will love all the recipes available on our website, and your body will appreciate the nutrients provided by the fresh ingredients, including Sauder’s eggs. Use our handy store locator to find your nearest store that sells fresh Sauder’s eggs for all your dishes.