Who says pies are only for dessert? You don’t have to wait until after dinner to enjoy a bite of delicious, savory crust. Quiches are a delightful meal that include the most basic of ingredients into one savory pie you can enjoy any time of day. Whether you’re rolling out of bed in the morning wishing for a tasty start to the day, or are unsure of what to make for dinner, a scrumptious quiche could be the answer.
If you’re wondering how to make a quiche, it’s actually quite simple. The best quiche recipes use three main ingredients: dough or pie crust, cheese and eggs. You might even find these three ingredients already in your fridge, just waiting for you to transform them into the perfect quiche dish!
Whether you need a basic quiche recipe that requires minimal effort, or you want to learn how to cook a quiche to perfection, check out the recipe below!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Place your thawed pie crust on the counter and allow the dough to defrost for roughly 10 to 15 minutes before handling. Once thawed, gently roll your crust into a pie pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine your eggs, salt, pepper and milk. Whisk thoroughly and set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, place roughly six slices of bacon in single layers across the skillet. Allow each side of the bacon to cook for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the bacon once they’re at your desired level of crispiness, placing them on a napkin-lined plate to absorb excess grease.
- Push the pie crust firmly into the edges of the pan. Once set, add the swiss, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese to the bottom of the pan. Break apart the bacon and add the egg mixture. Pour the bacon and egg mixture carefully on top of the base cheese layer.
- Bake for roughly 50 to 55 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Once the pie finishes baking, remove your quiche from the oven and insert a fork into the center. Your fork should emerge from the quiche clean. If it’s wet, cook in the oven for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
No quiche would be complete without the fresh farm eggs to add an extra level of fulfillment. When you bite into the crispy pie, you expect to receive a fluffy mouthful of perfection. When you use Sauder’s eggs, your quiche dish is sure to exceed your expectations. Use our store locator to find our eggs in a shop near you!