Sometimes, the best way to start your day is with a delicious skillet meal you can proudly enjoy and share. Our sweet potato brussels sprout skillet with egg recipe will satisfy your morning cravings with a mouthful of flavor in every bite. Best of all, this recipe includes four serving sizes. With flavor this delicious, why wouldn’t you want the whole family to have a taste?
While any skillet meal offers a comforting taste of home, this recipe for sweet potato brussels sprouts with eggs is guaranteed to hit the spot. With a savory combination of sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and eggs, your family will be begging you to make this recipe again and again.
Ready for a delicious treat you won’t be able to put down? Check out our recipe below!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and allow the oil to simmer. Add the mushrooms, garlic and onions to the oil and tilt the pan to cover the vegetables in an even layer of oil.
- Allow the vegetables to cook for about 6 minutes. Turn the vegetables as they begin to soften and brown. Chop your brussels sprouts and add them to the mixture. Sprinkle your pepper, salt and paprika on top and mix.
- Grate a ½ cup of a peeled sweet potato into the mixture. If you prefer a strong sweet potato taste, chop the sweet potato into small ¼ inch cube pieces. Stir the potatoes into the mixture and top the pan with a lid. Cook the contents for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, covered.
- Use a spoon or spatula to separate the mixture and make four open areas in the pan. Carefully crack an egg into each of these hollows. Turn the heat back up to medium to cook the eggs.
- Remove the skillet from the stove as the egg starts to set. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the eggs without mixing and place your pan into the oven. Cook the contents in the oven for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the oven and serve immediately.
Whether you’re using them for a quiche or a delicious skillet meal, Sauder’s eggs will provide you with the quality ingredients you need to turn any recipe into a savory meal. Use our store locator to find our top-quality eggs at a store near you.