A pound cake is a buttery, slightly heavier, denser type of cake compared to a sponge. Pound cakes can have different flavors and toppings, but they’re delicious just by themselves. This tasty dessert originated in Northern Europe in the 1700s. Since then, it has evolved by being adopting many different countries and cultures.
Our strawberry poundcake has an easy recipe that works great for any occasion. If you want a wonderful treat to have at home for your family to enjoy during the week or need a simple dessert to follow a dinner party, you really should try this recipe out soon!
The cream cheese and extra butter give this cake a luxurious taste. The strawberries give a light texture, giving you a different texture amongst the denser cake. But, one of our favorite things about this cake is how quickly it comes together. Even after it comes out of the oven, all you have to do is let it slide out of the pan and sprinkle on some confectioners sugar.
If you’re thinking about learning how to make strawberry cheese poundcake, check out the steps below!
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Once the butter and cream cheese have softened, put them in a bowl with the sugar and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add the salt, butter flavor extract, and vanilla extract. Beat until evenly combined.
- Add the eggs in one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
- Stir the flour into the wet ingredients.
- Add the strawberries into the batter little by little, folding in each addition.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Spoon the batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake the pound cake for one hour and 15 minutes. You’ll know the cake is done when a knife poked into the middle comes out clean and the cake shrinks away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the cake from the bundt pan. Take a wire rack and place it over the top of the pan. Slowly flip the pan upside down and gently lift the pan off of the cake. Allow it to cool completely.
- Before serving, sift confectioners sugar onto the top of the cake.
Before you try out our recipe to make strawberry poundcake from scratch, you need to gather the right ingredients. To make an already great recipe even better, use the freshest and best-quality ingredients that you can find. At Sauder’s, we want to bring you only the best quality, so we partner with local farmers who agree with this mission.
Use Sauder’s store locator today to find our incredible eggs at the retailer nearest you.