What better way to enjoy your flatbread than with the tasty addition of perfectly sautéed vegetables and freshly grilled eggs? With our veggie and fried egg flatbread recipe, you can combine your favorite morning ingredients and herbs into one delicious sandwich.
What makes eggs the perfect sandwich topping? They’re full of protein and healthy fats, providing you with the nutritional value you need to power through the day. Indulge in a healthy recipe the whole family will enjoy by preparing this veggie and fried egg flatbread recipe!
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Coat a nonstick pan with a thin layer of cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and allow to heat. Chop and mince your garlic, onions and peppers on a cutting board, and add the vegetables to the heated pan.
- Sauté the mixture for roughly 6 to 8 minutes, turning regularly. Once the vegetables soften and brown, remove the pan from the stove and set aside to cool.
- In a separate pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. Tilt the pan until the entire surface is covered evenly with the oil. Gently crack each egg, adding them one-by-one to the greased pan. Remember to keep roughly 1 to 1 ½ inches of space in between each egg.
- Cook the eggs for roughly 2 to 3 minutes before turning. Wait for the edges to become slightly brown. Once the egg is ready, the whites will be slightly crisp around the edges, and the yolk will be somewhat runny. If you prefer your eggs fried harder, cook them for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place ½ cup of spinach on each flatbread shell. Top with a spoonful of the sautéed vegetables and finish off with one egg per flatbread. Sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano on top. Drizzle lemon juice on top for added flavor.
- Place the tray in the oven and allow the flatbreads to cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately.
Whether you’re cooking breakfast or lunch, flatbreads are a crunchy and tasty way to satiate your hunger. When you bite into your veggie and egg flatbread, you’ll realize healthy doesn’t have to be synonymous with mundane or lackluster flavor. These creamy eggs and mouth-watering vegetables will have you wondering why flatbreads aren’t a part of your daily menu.
Since eggs are the main ingredient to this recipe, you might as well opt for the best. At Sauder’s Eggs, our products come fresh from the farm, and we check each carton for top-notch quality. Use our store locator to find a Sauder’s Eggs provider near you.