Sometimes, life can be hectic — so hectic that you might find yourself frantically shoveling fistfuls of cereal in your mouth on the way to work, or dropping glazed pieces of donuts all over your car seat when you go to pick up the kids from school. Don’t forgo a healthy breakfast just because you’re in a hurry. When your stomach is grumbling and you need a tasty food that can satisfy your hunger, opt for a delicious spinach and ham egg bake instead.
Spinach and ham egg bake recipes allow you to enjoy a nutritious meal even when you’re on the go. Their small, muffin-sized proportions also make them the perfect menu item for afternoon lunches, picnics or get-togethers. If you have a set of picky eaters on your hands, these easy spinach and ham egg bakes provide a fun, bite-sized food even children will enjoy! Check out our easy spinach and ham egg bakes recipe below to get started.
- Preheat your oven to 370° F and lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- On a chopping board, use a sharp cutting knife to dice and chop the bell peppers and onions into smaller chopped pieces. Rinse the spinach in cold water and pat dry. Break the spinach apart by hand, or use a knife to slice it into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Cut the smoked ham into 1-inch, diced pieces. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add the pepper and onions to the pan. Tilt the pan to cover the vegetables with an even layer of oil.
- Reduce the heat to low as the vegetables begin to sauté and add the cooked ham to the skillet. Sprinkle the spinach on top and cover the pan with a form-fitting lid. Allow the contents to sit on low heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, carefully crack each egg into the dish and stir. Add the salt and pepper to the dish. Whisk until all the eggs are thoroughly combined. You shouldn’t be able to see the yolk separate from the whites. If you prefer, you can use a mixer instead.
- After 5 minutes, remove the vegetables from the heat and allow them to cool for roughly 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully pour the vegetable mixture into the mixing bowl with the eggs. Whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Carefully pour an even layer of the egg and vegetable mixture into each muffin cup of the pan. Then, divide the cheddar cheese evenly amongst the 12 portions and sprinkle the cheese on top of each muffin.
- Place the baking pan on the center rack of your oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes. Once the eggs are fully set and the cheese begins to melt, remove the tray from the oven and serve immediately.
Make the most of your delicious egg bakes by investing in eggs that provide both flavor and freshness. At Sauder’s Eggs, our number one priority is providing eggs straight from the farm to kitchens throughout the nation. Find out what makes our eggs a fan-favorite by buying our eggs from a store near you.