If you enjoy the crunchy texture of an egg roll and the spicy flavors of southwestern cooking, you’re going to love this dish. Our recipe for southwestern egg rolls will make a delicious addition to your next meal. Or, if you need a tasty dish to serve at a party, you can easily multiply the recipe to make as many as you need!
To see how to make our southwestern-style egg rolls, follow our recipe below!
- Using 1 tablespoon of oil, apply to both sides of the chicken. Cook the chicken in a skillet over medium heat for three to five minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Cook until there is no more pink, but do not overcook the chicken. Remove the chicken from the skillet, dice it and set it aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet and saute the green onion and red bell pepper over medium heat. Cook until tender, about five minutes.
- Push the bell pepper and green onion to the side and scramble the egg. Cook until no longer runny but not dry.
- Add the diced chicken back into the skillet. Stir in the corn, black beans, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook for about five minutes until the new ingredients are heated through and tender. The spices should be evenly incorporated.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and immediately had the Monterey jack cheese. Stir until it melts completely.
- Put the tortillas on a microwave-safe plate, cover with plastic wrap and vent. Cook on high for one minute.
- Spoon equal amounts of the chicken mixture into each tortilla.
- Fold the ends of the tortillas and wrap them tightly. Secure them with a toothpick, so they don’t come apart.
- To make it easy to fry, place the tortillas into a dish, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least four hours.
- Using a large skillet with high sides, heat up the oil to 375°F.
- Fry the frozen tortillas for 10 minutes, making sure to cook them evenly on both sides. The egg rolls are done when they are a golden brown. When they’re done, take them out of the oil gently with a pair of tongs and place onto a paper towel-lined plate. Allow the egg rolls to drain entirely of excess oil.
These egg rolls are sure to be a big hit with whoever eats them. But, you can take them to another level by using excellent ingredients. When you use Sauder’s eggs, you know you’re using a top-quality, fresh ingredient.
To find our products at the nearest retailer to you, please take advantage of our store locator today!