Bacon and Cheese Scrambled Egg Casserole with Sauder’s Eggs
Your stomach grumbles and you think to yourself, “What will I have tonight for dinner?” You had tacos on Tuesday and settled for takeout pizza last night. Whether you’re sick of the same mundane meals or need a little added pizzazz on your plate tonight, nothing beats the comfort of a home-cooked casserole. While casseroles may bring to mind images of macaroni and leftover chicken, we promise you haven’t had anything quite like our bacon, egg and cheese delight.
Dinner isn’t complete without an effortless recipe ready to save the night. This egg recipe requires various ingredients you’re likely to already have in your refrigerator — no late-night run to the grocery store needed! This method lets you enjoy all your favorite parts of breakfast at any time during the day.
Follow the simple steps below on how to cook soft scrambled eggs into a casserole to prepare one of the best breakfast recipes you’ll ever taste. We guarantee you’ll have grandma’s stamp of approval!
- Preheat your oven to 345° F. Coat a 9×5 baking dish with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Peel the skin and chop the vegetables into roughly ½ inch thick slices. Place a large skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. After the oil is hot, approximately 5 to 6 minutes, add the potatoes and top off with a lid. Allow the contents to cook for 6 minutes with the lid placed securely.
- On a separate burner, heat a medium pan over medium heat. Chop and mince 2 cloves of garlic, ½ cup of onion and ½ cup of red bell pepper. Add the vegetable mix to the skillet and allow the contents to slightly brown.
- Crack the large eggs into a mixing bowl and pour in 4 tablespoons of milk. Whisk briefly and add the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Add egg contents to the vegetable-fried mixture. Allow the eggs to sit for 3 to 4 minutes before mixing. Scramble the eggs until fully cooked. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Remove the lid from potatoes and flip to ensure complete cooking. Replace the lid and turn the heat down to medium. Wait 10 minutes.
- On a separate burner, heat a pan over medium heat. Add bacon, leaving space between each slice to ensure proper cooking. Allow each side to sit for 5 to 6 minutes before flipping. Repeat until you obtain the desired level of crispiness.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat once soft and crispy. Place the potatoes in a coated 9×5 pan and cover the entire surface with an even layer. Add eggs to the potato mixture, keeping the layers separate. Make sure each layer contains an evenly distributed amount of ingredients. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top. Drain the excess grease after the bacon finishes cooking and line each slice on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 345° F or until the melts. Remove and serve immediately.
Make sure the proper ingredients go into your next dish. To fill your egg recipes with delicious ingredients, locate a store near you to get the guaranteed high-quality taste of Sauder’s delicious eggs.