Tofu is a versatile snack that provides countless health benefits and numerous options for preparation. You can eat this treat plain, blended into smoothies, grilled on top of sandwiches and scrambled. When it comes to our tofu, we prefer our smoked tofu on top of egg fried rice best.
The added benefits of rice and sautéed vegetables take this dish up a notch regarding health benefits and flavor. Best of all, fried rice is a staple meal that pairs excellently with a wide array of other dishes. Want to make your smoked tofu and egg fried rice into the main course? Not only does rice serve well as a complimentary dish, but its fulfilling nature makes it wonderfully suited for the center meal, too! Check out our recipe below to learn to cook fried rice with eggs and tofu to perfection.
- Using a chopping knife, carefully slice your tofu pieces into 1-inch cubed proportions. Mince the garlic and thinly slice the scallions. Set the garlic, scallions and tofu aside.
- Warm up roughly 3 cups of cooked rice in a heated skillet or the microwave until the rice reaches room temperature.
- If you’re cooking the rice from scratch, bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot over medium heat. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil and the rice to the bowl. Top the pan once the water begins to boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for roughly 25 to 30 minutes, or until all the water is adequately absorbed. Remove the pot from the heat and set aside.
- In a small mixing dish, whisk the eggs until the yolks and whites are thoroughly combined. Add sesame oil to a medium pan over medium heat and wait for the oil to warm. Once the oil begins to heat, carefully pour the mixed eggs into the skillet and cook for roughly 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once the edges of the egg are fully cooked, but the center is still slightly runny, gently fold the egg in half. Pour the garlic, scallions and tofu mixture onto the other side of the pan and reduce the heat to low. Drizzle a bit more oil into the pan if necessary and sauté the vegetables completely.
- Pour the cooked rice into the skillet as the vegetables begin to soften. Use a spatula or spoon to break the cooked egg apart into pieces gently. Stir the vegetables, egg and rice until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Turn the heat up to medium. Pour the frozen peas into the skillet and mix. Sprinkle salt on top and carefully pour the soy sauce into the mixture. Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and warm, remove the fried rice from the skillet and serve immediately. Top off the dish with chives for additional garnish, or serve plain.
Fried rice provides a bowl of flavor that’s hard not to love. This dish is excellent for improvisation when you may not have a fridge full of ingredients or a shelf full of spices.
Stock up on the eggs you need to complete your recipes by trying Sauder’s eggs. Our products are the epitome of freshness, as they come straight from the farm. Not sure where to find our products? Just use our store locator to find our eggs in a store near you!