What would Popeye be without his iconic can of spinach? Spinach is a delicious green vegetable known for its savory taste and healing properties. One spoonful of spinach may not cause your muscles to jut out with strength, but we guarantee your body will feel rejuvenated and nourished after a healthy helping of freshly cut spinach. While spinach is a delicious treat you can enjoy on its own, why not bring even more flavor and protein to your dish by adding scrambled eggs?
When you prepare our recipe for scrambled eggs and spinach, you’ll get a mouthful of fresh flavor with every bite. Top your favorite breakfast dish off with creamy melted cheese to make it even tastier. Check out our recipe for scrambled eggs and spinach below for a quick, nutritious meal the whole family can enjoy!
- In a medium mixing bowl, wash and drain the spinach to remove any impurities. Transfer your garlic, onions and spinach to a cutting board. Chop the spinach and mince your garlic and onions. Set aside.
- Add roughly 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a medium pan or skillet over medium heat. Tilt the skillet to disperse the oil evenly throughout the pan. Add the vegetables to the oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes uncovered.
- Top the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Let the skillet sit on the heat for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk rapidly until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Place a large pan over a stove set to medium heat. Add a tablespoon of butter or margarine to the skillet and tilt the pan to cover it evenly with layer of melted butter. Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Gently pull the edges of the egg mixture toward the center as the egg begins to cook. Slice and chop the egg into the pan to scramble the contents. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for another 5 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Slice the spinach into four serving sizes, layering each portion onto a separate plate. Next, divide your eggs into four parts, as well. Place the eggs on top of the spinach. Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the dish immediately after removing the ingredients from the stove to melt the cheese. Add a dash of paprika and serve immediately.
When you serve your meal, do so with the added confidence by using only fresh and tasty ingredients. At Sauder’s Eggs, we get our eggs fresh from the farm daily. After checking each for premium quality, we send them straight to the store for added wholesomeness. Don’t select just any old eggs to complement your favorite dishes or platters — choose Sauder’s Eggs. Use our store locator to find our products in a shop near you.