It’s a Thanksgiving Day classic — pumpkin pie. For lots of people, this meal just isn’t complete until they’ve had a slice of this dessert. Whether you’re preparing this pie for Thanksgiving dinner or just craving one during the year, we’ve got an amazing recipe for pumpkin pie with a graham cracker crust.
Our classic pumpkin pie has all the familiar and aromatic spices that make this dessert special. But, our homemade whipped cream really takes this pie to the next level.
See how to make pumpkin pie with a graham cracker crust by looking through our recipe below!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Put a medium bowl into the fridge to chill along with the beater of a hand mixer.
- Put your broken graham crackers into a food processor. Pulse until it becomes finely ground. Pour the ground graham crackers into a bowl and stir in the nutmeg, sugar, and salt. Pour in the butter and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch pie dish and use the back of a spoon to press down onto the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Bake the crust for about eight to 10 minutes until set and slightly darker brown. Allow the crust to cool completely.
- Mix the filling. Whisk the sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and the eggs.
- Combine the two mixtures and whisk until evenly combined. Slowly whisk in the evaporated milk until well incorporated.
- Carefully pour the pumpkin mixture into the cooled pie crust, using a rubber spatula to get all of the filling into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie until the filling is set with a slight jiggle, about 45 to 50 minutes. You’ll know the pie is done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When the pie is finished, allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- While the pie is cooling, make the whipped topping. Whip the heavy cream on high with a hand mixer in the chilled bowl. After the cream starts to thicken up, add the confectioners sugar and the vanilla extract. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form when you lift the still beaters out of the cream.
- Cut the pie into slices and add a generous dollop of the whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
While you’re using this recipe to bake a fresh pumpkin pie, no matter the occasion, be sure to use the best ingredients. Sauder’s eggs are some of the highest quality and freshest eggs you’ll find. To find our products at the grocer nearest you, check out our store locator before you get baking!