Who doesn’t love a creamy dish of pasta? Pappardelle is easily one of our favorite comfort foods because it combines freshly cooked noodles with tasty additions. If you’re not sure which ingredients to add to your pasta to take your dish to the next level, opt for our pappardelle with chanterelle mushrooms and egg recipe for guaranteed satisfaction!
While this dish may sound fancy, even beginner-level chefs can whip it up with no trouble. Whether you need an elegant dish for a special event or want to enjoy a tasty platter without the need for a special occasion, check out our recipe for pappardelle with chanterelle mushrooms and eggs below!
- Place a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Add enough water to fill the pot roughly half full.
- Add the pappardelle pasta to the pot and cook the noodles uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes, or until soft.
- Place the slices of bacon on a separate medium skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon for roughly 7 to 8 minutes, or until you achieve the desired level of crispiness. Once fully cooked, remove the meat from the pan. Drain excess grease by placing the bacon on a plate with napkins or paper towels.
- Melt about a tablespoon of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Once the butter melts fully, add the garlic and mushrooms to the pan. Sauté the vegetables until they soften and slightly brown.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper into the pan and stir the contents. Once cooked, add the white wine to the vegetable mixture and mix the contents with a spoon. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- In a separate pan, carefully pour the chicken broth into a pot over medium heat. Stir the chicken of cream sauce into the mixture and heat the contents until you achieve the desired level of consistency. For thinner sauce, pour several tablespoons of white wine into the mixture.
- Add the cooked pasta into the mushroom and garlic mixture. Stir the contents until combined thoroughly. Sprinkle cilantro on top for added flavor.
- Carefully pour several teaspoons of olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Gently crack each egg into the pan and fry until the eggs cook fully.
- Once the edges of the eggs are cooked but the yolk is still runny, carefully remove the eggs from the skillet. Place each egg on top of the pasta mixture and serve immediately.
Make every dish worth sharing by including top-quality ingredients in every plate. At Sauder’s Eggs, our number one priority is providing you with the eggs you need to take your dish to the next level. Not sure where to buy our eggs? Use our store locator to find our products at a store near you!