If you’re craving a delicious, savory and filling soup, this PA Dutch-style chicken corn soup recipe is just the thing. It’s unlike other chicken corn soup recipes because it uses the eggs, giving it that PA Dutch touch.
Your family will love this soup. Give it a try this week and check out our chicken corn soup with eggs recipe below!
- Add the chicken, water, onions, celery, carrots, salt, nutmeg, parsley, tarragon, and black pepper. On medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. After the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low or low and simmer for two hours. Add more water if it’s needed. Keep it simmering until the chicken is tender. Separate the chicken from the rest of the soup and refrigerate both.
- Check the soup until fat has solidified on the surface. Once it has, remove the soup from the refrigerator and skim off the fat with a large spoon.
- If you’re using fresh corn, remove it from the cobs. Stand the corn on its end and scrape off the kernels with a sharp knife. Put the soup back over medium heat and add the corn and potatoes. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low or low and let it simmer until the corn and potatoes are tender – about 15 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, put two of the ends in a saucepan and cover them with water. Let the water reach a boil, then remove the pot from the heat immediately. Cover the pan and let the eggs sit in the water for between 10 and 12 minutes. Then, take the eggs out of the water to let them cool. Once they are cooled completely, peel the shells and chop them into small pieces. Set the eggs aside.
- Take the cooked chicken out of the refrigerator. Chop it into smaller pieces if desired and then add it to the soup.
- In a bowl, add the flour and the remaining egg. Beat them together until combined. Beat in the milk gradually until the mixture is smooth.
- The soup should still be simmering. Drop the batter by small spoonfuls into the hot soup. Stir constantly and cook the soup for two to five minutes, or until the dumplings can hold their shape and float. Stir in the eggs. If desired, top with sliced bacon.
Sauder Eggs are the perfect ingredient for this chicken corn soup with eggs. Make sure to use our store locator to find the closest store near you.