For many, Chinese food is part of the weekly menu. You may designate a certain night for Chinese take-out, or maybe you frequent your local Chinese restaurant on the regular. Regardless of where you come from or what preference you have in food, the aroma of freshly cooked Chinese food is enough to make anyone’s mouth water.
Chinese food is delicious and simple to prepare, as one ingredient serves as the backbone for most Asian dishes: rice. Rice is a tasty grain that leaves you feeling satisfied and full after indulging in your meal. While rice on its own provides various health benefits, the addition of vegetables and eggs will take the dish to the next level.
To enjoy a healthy Chinese dish from the comforts of your own kitchen, check out this fried rice and egg recipe.
- To prepare the rice, add 8 cups of water to a large pot over medium heat. Sprinkle with the salt and bring to a boil. Once the water begins to boil, cover the pot and let the rice boil for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to low and leave the rice to simmer for an extra 15 to 20 minutes without removing the lid.
- Once the water evaporates and the rice reaches a fluffy texture, remove the pot from the stove and let it cool. Place the rice in your refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, or let the pot cool overnight before preparing your fried rice platter.
- After the rice has chilled, place a large skillet over medium heat and coat the pan with a ½ tablespoon of sesame oil. Carefully crack two large eggs and add them to the bottom of the skillet. Gently swirl the eggs around the pan to coat the entire skillet. Cook the eggs for roughly 2 to 3 minutes, or until the edges begin to cook. Use a spatula to lift the edges of the egg and push the uncooked portions towards the center. Cook for another 3 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Remove the cooked eggs from the pan and transfer to a small bowl or plate. Add 3 tablespoons of sesame oil to the previous pan over medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add your chopped carrots, onions, scallions and garlic to the skillet. Sauté the vegetables until they’re slightly browned or softened.
- Add your cooked rice to the vegetable mixture and stir until fully mixed. Transfer the chopped eggs into the mixture, and top it off with soy sauce for an added authentic flavor. Serve as a side dish, or as the main course!
Any fried rice with fried egg recipe requires two primary ingredients to complete the dish to perfection: rice and eggs! You bring the rice, and we’ll take care of the eggs. At Sauder’s Eggs, we ensure all our products are top-notch before sending them out. To invest in top-quality ingredients, use our store locator to find our delicious eggs in a store near you.