These jalapeno popper egg cups are a great multi-use dish. There are tons of different occasions where you can whip these up to impress the group. It’s an excellent breakfast for your family or when the kids had friends spend the night. The leftovers — if you have any — will make a great snack for later, too. Just put them in the fridge and heat them up for a tasty mid-day treat.
Bring these along to brunch with friends, or make them as party food — although they won’t last long at a party! Everyone who eats these will beg you for your jalapeno popper egg cups recipe. The spice of the jalapeno, smokiness of the bacon, and flavors of the spices make for a delicious bite. You’ll definitely want to bookmark this one.
If you’re dying to learn how to make jalapeno popper egg cups, check out our recipe below!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. The bacon should still be bendable, and not too crispy when it’s done. Put the cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate for the grease to drain.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the cheese, sour cream, minced jalapeno, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk the mixture until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Line each muffin well with a slice of bacon. Pour the egg mixture into each well until it is about 2/3 full.
- Bake them for 18 to 20 minutes or until the eggs look dry. Let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove them from the pan.
Tip: Be careful when you’re cutting hot peppers. Try to avoid getting the juices on your skin while cutting them. Use a paper towel to hold them while cutting or wear gloves. Cut the peppers in half, then cut out the core and seeds with the tip of your knife. Don’t touch your eyes after handling them, and wash your hands thoroughly when you’re done.
Want to make your homemade jalapeno popper egg cups even better? Use Sauder Eggs. We know our eggs are top-quality because we have high standards for our farmers. Check out our store locator to find the grocer with the best eggs nearest to you.