Chicken wings make a fantastic appetizer — or entree — as well as a delicious party food. With so many ways to cook chicken wings, you can get creative with what types of rubs and sauces you make for them. But, nothing quite beats a recipe for honey BBQ chicken wings.
A chicken wing, when made right, is juicy and savory. The sauce or rub should complement the flavors well. Our blend of honey barbecue sauce is smoky and sweet with just a hint of heat. Baked wings are great, but you really miss that crunch from a fried one. We’ve considered every part of this recipe to make sure you get an incredible flavor in every bite.
Whenever you make these wings, everyone who tries them will be requesting them again or asking for the recipe! They’re sure to be a big hit at your next big party or family dinner. Follow our recipe below to see how to make our honey BBQ chicken wings.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Begin heating up your oil in a deep fryer. If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can use a deep skillet. If you’re using a skillet, fill it with enough oil to cover the wings while they’re lying down flat. The oil should be heated to 375°F.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and the milk until evenly combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the honey, barbecue sauce, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
- Take two large Ziploc bags. Put one cup of flour and 10 wings in each bag. Shake them to coat the wings in the flour evenly.
- Dip the wings in the egg mixture and put back into the bags and shake to coat.
- To get a good base of flour, repeat these steps two more times. Use more flour and egg if needed.
- Fry the wings four at a time until golden brown and crisp — about 10 minutes. As you take the wings out of the hot oil, place them onto a plate lined with paper towels and allow to drain off excess oil.
- Once all the wings are fried and drained, dip them into the barbecue sauce, then place them onto a lipped baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, let the wings rest for about five minutes.
When you’re preparing these honey barbecue wings, using Sauder’s eggs will help make them really amazing. Our eggs are of top quality and freshness. We know that when you put good ingredients in, you get delicious and healthy food out.
If you’re wondering where you can buy Sauder’s eggs, please use our convenient store locator today.