There’s nothing more comforting than a bite of food that brings back memories of your favorite meals served by grandma herself. From macaroni to cookies, there’s no shortage to the number of foods that bring up nostalgic memories of palatable goodies. When you find yourself stumped over what to cook for your next meal, it’s always best to resort to a recipe that will have the whole family’s approval — grandma included.
Even if your grandma didn’t make egg salads, we guarantee this egg salad recipe will find its way into your cookbook for future generations to use. If you like macaroni and potato salad, you’ll love the added flavor of our delicious, easy egg salad recipe.
While this dish requires few ingredients and only a brief amount of time spent preparing and cooking, don’t confuse simplicity for mediocrity. Who says egg salad recipes must be elaborate or complicated to taste good? Follow these steps brew up a delicious treat even grandma will appreciate!
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, parsley, onions, pepper, salt and mayonnaise. Using a whisk, beat the contents thoroughly until the entire mixture is blended. Set aside.
- Place 8 large eggs and 1 ½ tablespoons of white vinegar in a pot. Add roughly 4 quarts of water. For added flavor, include a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over medium to medium heat.
- Once the water reaches a boil, cover the pot with a form-fitting lid and turn the heat down low. Allow the pan to sit on the heated stove for an addition 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and remove the pot from the stove. Allow the eggs to chill. Drain the water and place the eggs into a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the eggs by hand. Use a knife or mincer to chop the eggs into diced pieces.
- Add the diced eggs to your mixing bowl filled with lemon juice, parsley, pepper, salt and mayonnaise. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add additional seasonings if necessary. When ready to eat, serve over toasted bread or muffins. Egg salads are also a wonderful addition to salads and muffins. Sprinkle grinded cheese and scallions on top for added flavor.
No egg salad would be complete without a generous helping of fresh farm eggs. At Sauder’s Eggs, we guarantee every one of your egg dishes will turn out delicious when you use our top-of-the-line ingredients. Use our store locator to find our eggs at a grocer near you!