If you’re a sandwich fanatic, you’ll love our fried egg and mushroom sandwich recipe. You don’t need a juicy cut of beef or grilled steak to enjoy a delicious burger. This sandwich relies purely on the combination of vegetables, cheese, eggs and spices — no meat necessary. Whether you’re seeking a vegetarian-friendly dish or merely want a more breakfast-oriented burger, our fried egg and mushroom sandwich is the ideal fit for any meal of the day.
Not sure how to perfectly prepare your burger? No worries, we’ve got the recipe down to a tee below! Best of all, you can enjoy your sandwich sooner, because this recipe takes only 30 minutes or less. Check out our tips below to cook your fried egg and mushroom sandwich to perfection.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat on top of your stove. Add roughly 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and tilt the pan to cover the entire base in an even layer of oil.
- Add the shallots and onions to the pan and cook uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a spatula, stir the mixture to coat the vegetables thoroughly with the oil.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Once the vegetables begin to soften and slightly brown, carefully pour the wine into the mixture. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top and stir. Top the pan with a lid once the mixture begins to simmer and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Remove the lid and stir. Once the wine is no longer apparent, remove the lid from the pan and pour the contents into a bowl or plate. Set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of butter or margarine to the skillet. Turn the heat back up to medium and carefully crack the eggs into the skillet one at a time. Allow the eggs to cook untouched for roughly 2 to 3 minutes. Once the whites are fully set and the yolk retains a slightly watery texture, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Add the bread to a toaster and remove the toast once it’s slightly brown. Arrange two slices of bread onto each dish and evenly distribute the vegetable mixture onto each bread slice. Add one egg to each sandwich and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and parsley on top.
Enjoy your dishes and platters with top-quality ingredients that guarantee a fresh, mouth-watering flavor in every bite. At Sauder’s Eggs, we prioritize offering only superior quality eggs so you never have to worry about subpar taste or ingredients. Use our store locator to find our eggs in a store nearest you!