Eggs are a fantastic ingredient you should include in your daily meals. They provide a considerable amount of your daily protein and nutritional value due to their extreme health benefits. They’re also versatile enough to incorporate into practically any dish. If you consider eggs just another ordinary breakfast food, think again.
Don’t restrict your diet to bland foods when you can enjoy health benefits and bold flavors with a simple lettuce cups with corn, feta and hard-boiled eggs recipe! You can take a bite into a cheesy, veggie-filled delight with a freshly hard-boiled egg as the cherry on top. Check out our recipe below for hassle-free preparation.
- Use a spoon to add your eggs to a medium pot or saucepan carefully. Add enough water to cover the eggs with roughly 1 to 2 inches of water and bring the contents to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low once the water starts to boil and cover the pot. Allow the eggs to simmer for an additional 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and rinse your pot under cold water immediately. Transfer the eggs to a bowl with ice water and chill the eggs for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Rinse and pat each egg dry.
- Carefully peel each egg and discard of any excess shells. Chop three of your eggs in half and dice the remaining three eggs. Set the eggs in the refrigerator on a plate or dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumbers, corn, onions and garlic. Sprinkle the olive oil, basil and parsley on top. For an added kick of flavor, grate a teaspoon of ginger on top of the mixture. Whisk and set aside.
- After the eggs chill for roughly 1 to 2 hours, remove the eggs from the fridge. Mix the diced eggs into the seasoned vegetable mixture and set aside.
- Use a head of lettuce for a circular bowl or romaine lettuce for lengthier bowls. Remove your lettuce piece by piece and rinse. Pat the excess water off with a towel or napkin and line each plate with two or three pieces of lettuce, or however many you need to enough to hold the contents.
- Add several spoonfuls of the egg and vegetable mixture to each lettuce bowl. Add a half of a hard-boiled egg to the center of each. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and squeeze the juice from a lemon slice onto each bowl for added flavor. Serve immediately.
Want to know the secret ingredient to our delicious lettuce cup bowls? Fresh eggs, of course! When you line your lettuce bowls up for dinner, the first thing that should catch your eye is the elegant display of freshly hard-boiled eggs laying front and center on your plate.
Invest in the quality ingredients you need to make your dishes fresh and delicious. Use our store locator to find Sauder’s Eggs in a store near you!