When you’re looking to make a healthy, filling meal for a crowd, check out our recipe for this fresh veggie casserole. It doesn’t matter if you’re cooking dinner for your family or making a dish to bring to a potluck — this casserole is sure to be a big hit.
This recipe is excellent for any meal, too, not just dinner. Make it for breakfast to get you and your family’s day off to a great start. Cook it for lunch on the weekend to fuel up during a busy day. Or, prepare it for dinner when you’re a little pressed for time but still want to enjoy a healthy meal.
Our vegetable casserole recipe is packed full of great stuff. It includes plenty of delicious veggies packed with essential nutrients and vitamins. Plus, all the eggs mean it’s chock-full of protein! If you have a busy day, this is a quick lunch you can enjoy during your break. As a breakfast food, it gives you the energy you need to nail that exam or presentation at work. Or, at the end of a long day, it will perk you up again before turning in for the night.
Check out our recipe below for fresh veggie casserole to get started making it for your next meal!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Saute the red pepper, green pepper, zucchini, and onion. Season with some salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Saute the veggies until they become tender. Then, add the spinach and cook until it becomes wilted. Remove from the heat and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs using a whisk. Add the salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Pour the beaten eggs into a 9×13 inch baking dish or a large cocotte. Add the sauteed veggies and stir until the vegetables and eggs are evenly combined. Top the egg and veggie mixture with the shredded mozzarella and green onions.
- Bake the casserole for 35 to 40 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked and golden along the edges.
You always make sure to cook healthy, balanced and delicious meals for your family. One way to make that happen is by using the best ingredients. At Sauder’s eggs, we’re dedicated to providing eggs that are of the highest quality and freshness. To bring our top-quality eggs to you, we partner with a network of dedicated farmers who agree with our mission.
Find Sauder’s eggs at the nearest shop to you by using our store locator today.