When you were a kid, there was nothing quite like waking up on a Sunday morning to the delicious, wafting smell of breakfast cooking on the stove downstairs. Whether you’re craving a taste of nostalgia or you find yourself desiring a sweet and tasty breakfast, nothing beats the deliciousness of tall stack of crispy French toast.
You may be a fan of classic French toast, and that’s great! But if you’re looking for an experience that’ll take your taste buds to the next level, try our French Toast with an egg nestled in the center instead. This recipe is different than ordinary French toast mixtures because it puts a sweet spin on classical stylings, with the addition of creamy white chocolate and savory cinnamon. You may have enjoyed the smell of your mother’s homemade breakfast on the stove as a kid, and this dish will produce an aroma that will make your kids feel the same about your cooking.
Whether you’re looking for an easy egg breakfast recipe or need some extra oomph in your next meal, our fluffy white chocolate cinnamon French toast is a dish the whole family is guaranteed to enjoy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, white chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- Stir the contents together with a whisk or fork, ensuring all dry ingredients are properly mixed.
- Use a separate dish to mix the milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly until all ingredients are combined.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into your mixing bowl of dry ingredients, whisking the contents together. Mix the ingredients rapidly until you achieve a smooth and creamy texture.
- Pour the mixed contents into a square dish large enough to fit each slice of bread.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with cooking spray or oil over medium heat.
- Soak each slice of bread in the mixture. Use a spoon to pour mixture on edges and any dry areas. Let excess batter drip off each slice before transferring it to the stove.
- After waiting 4 to 5 minutes for your grill to warm up, place each bread slice on the skillet. Do not overcrowd your pan.
- Flip each piece after browning. Turn after roughly 4 minutes for optimal cooking.
- Serve immediately after cooking and sprinkle with a dash of powdered sugar for an extra-sweet treat.
The next time your dish calls for eggs, make sure you have the highest-quality ingredients. At Sauder’s Eggs, we provide a large variety of golden, organic and hard-cooked eggs. Find out what makes our fresh, family-farmed eggs so delicious by locating a store near you.