Why enjoy your egg in the same mundane ways day in and day out when an endless array of possibilities lay before you? Eggs are a staple ingredient you’re likely to find lining the shelves of refrigerators throughout the nation. You may even find yourself including eggs in your daily breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes. We admit, it’s sometimes great to eat your egg plain between a freshly toasted sandwich. But other times, you want your eggs served perfectly with a freshly peeled avocado.
Avocados are one of Earth’s many delights that add both nutrients and flavor to any meal. Why not stick with the theme of natural and healthy treats by pairing your avocados with a freshly baked egg on top? Our recipe for eggs baked in avocados is jam-packed with healthy vitamins, protein and, most importantly, taste. Best of all, you’re likely to find the two primary ingredients you need for this recipe at your local farmer’s market or grocery store. With a taste this pure and natural, there’s no need to resist snacking throughout the day!
Not sure how to make the perfect afternoon snack or side dish? Follow our fast and easy eggs baked in avocado recipe below!
- Preheat your oven to 400° F and set the cooking rack to the center bar.
- Add the bacon to a medium skillet over medium heat. Ensure each piece of bacon has adequate space to cook appropriately by not overcrowding the dish. Cook for roughly 7 to 8 minutes, or until you reach the desired level of crispiness. Once fully cooked, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels or napkins to drain excess grease. Set aside.
- Use a sharp chopping knife to cut the avocados in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the pit. Scoop two additional tablespoons out of the center of the avocado and set the fleshy parts of the avocado aside.
- Line the avocados on a baking dish while ensuring 1 to 2 inches of space in between each piece.
- In a separate bowl, carefully crack each egg into the dish. Do not stir. Using a spoon, gently scoop one yolk into each avocado piece. Next, spoon an even layer of egg whites into each avocado indentation until the hole is full.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and chives on top of each avocado. For added flavor, consider seasoning with additional spices.
- Place the tray lined with the avocados in the oven for roughly 15 to 20 minutes. Once the eggs set, remove the dish from the oven and allow the avocados to cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Break the pre-cooked bacon into small pieces. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the avocados and serve immediately.
When it comes to your daily serving of protein and nutrition, freshness counts. Eggs may be healthy, but you’ll only reap the full benefits of this delicious snack when you invest in the best ingredients. At Sauder’s Eggs, we provide families throughout the nation with eggs straight from the farm, so there’s no second-guessing when it comes to quality. Use our store locator to find our eggs in a store near you.