While eggs are an excellent source of protein, egg whites provide their own set of appealing benefits. For anyone who wants a meal with fewer calories and less cholesterol, but wants to enjoy the same flavor of an entire egg, removing the yolk and eating only the egg white is a delicious, healthy alternative.
Why not add a bit of greens to the mixture and produce even higher amounts of nutritional value? Trust us — you can never go wrong when vegetables and eggs are involved! On weekday mornings when you need the extra energy to power through the day, a healthy breakfast is both necessary and essential. Our egg white and greens frittata recipe includes spinach, peppers and onions to provide you with the nutrients you need to start your day off right. Check out our recipe for egg whites and greens frittatas below!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Place the cooking rack in the middle.
- Add roughly 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Tilt the pan to cover the entire base with an even layer of oil.
- In a mixing bowl, carefully crack the eggs into the bowl and set the yolks aside in the refrigerator. Pour ¼ cups of milk into the egg mixture and gently whisk. Set aside.
- On a chopping board, cut and dice the spinach, green bell peppers, onions and scallions into bite-sized portions. Add the vegetables to the oil and sauté for roughly 6 to 7 minutes uncovered. Once the veggies
begin to slightly brown and soften, evenly pour the egg white mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the eggs. Cook the eggs without turning for about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the parmesan cheese on top.
- When the eggs are slightly cooked but still moist, place the pan into the oven and bake the frittata for roughly 9 to 10 minutes on the center rack.
- Carefully remove the frittata from the oven and slice. Serve immediately.
You don’t have to skimp on taste when it comes to cooking healthier alternatives. Eggs are a comfort food that are also jam-packed with the nutrients you need. Best of all, they ward off hunger by making you feel full and satisfied with every bite.
Because eggs are such an essential part of so many of your daily meals, be sure to invest in pure ingredients with optimal quality. At Sauder’s Eggs, we provide families across the nation with only the best eggs at one low affordable price. Use our store locator now to find our eggs in a store near you!