There’s nothing a freshly cooked bowl of soap can’t cure. Whether you have a cold, need to eat more healthy fats or just crave a warm comfort food that can satisfy your cravings, soup is the answer!
When you need a simmering soup to hit the spot, don’t just settle for any bowl full of broth and noodles — opt for our egg-drop noodle soup instead! As the name implies, this soup includes delicious noodles with eggs “dropped” in the center of each dish. If you’re a fan of eggs, you’ll love having your favorite ingredient mixed into a fresh, seasoned broth. With hints of ginger, carrots and onions, you’ll have just the right amount of vegetables to give you a much-needed nutritional boost, as well!
To prepare our recipe for egg-drop noodle soup, check out the simple instructions below!
- Carefully pour your broth and water into a medium saucepan or pot over medium heat. Using a slicer, shred the ginger into the pot and stir. Sprinkle the garlic powder into the water and top the pan with a lid.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low as the water starts to bubble and cook the broth for an additional 5 minutes with the pot covered.
- Remove the lid from the pot and add the ramen noodles to the heated broth. Bring the heat back up to medium and let the noodles cook. Add the parsley, salt and pepper to the mixture and stir. Carefully drop the carrots and onions into the broth after the noodles cook for several minutes.
- Cook the broth, noodle and vegetable mixture until the vegetables begin to soften. Reduce the heat to low and cover, letting the soup and ingredients simmer.
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl and whisk until the egg whites and yolk are thoroughly combined. Sprinkle the salt, parsley, pepper and grated ginger on top. Once mixed, carefully pour the egg mixture into the broth — do not stir. Allow the eggs to cook for about a minute undisturbed. Next, use a ladle or spoon to separate the eggs in the pot.
- Cook the soup for an additional 5 to 6 minutes. Divide into four separate bowls and serve immediately.
Not to be smug, but we think our egg-drop noodle soup is the best. Why? Because we include only the best ingredients in every recipe, starting with Sauder’s farm-fresh eggs!
At Sauder’s Eggs, we believe every dish should be prepared with only top-quality ingredients. Find out for yourself why families across the country trust us to provide them with the ingredients they need. Use our store locator and purchase a carton of Sauder’s eggs from a grocer near you today!