Omelets with Sauder’s Eggs
There’s no better way pull yourself up out of bed and get a fresh start to the morning than by cracking an egg and whipping up a tasty classic omelet in a matter of minutes. You don’t have to wake up at dawn to enjoy this tasty egg meal, either. Omelets are a delicious treat you can enjoy any time of the day — no schedule necessary. When you’re strapped for time in the afternoon or are getting busy as dinner encroaches, there’s no better way to settle your cravings and hunger than with the best classic omelet recipes the internet has to offer.
Omelets are a classical dish you can enjoy anytime, anywhere. Best of all, they’re a beginner-friendly meal even the most inexperienced cooks can master! If you’re wondering how to cook a classic omelet with ease, check out our fast and easy recipe below.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, peppers and cheese. Mix and set aside.
- Crack your eggs into a separate mixing bowl. Add milk, salt and pepper while whisking rapidly. Make sure all the egg whites and yolks thoroughly combine before setting aside.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Tilt the pan to coat the entire surface with butter.
- Once the butter melts entirely, add your egg mixture to the pan. Coat the pan entirely with the egg mixture by turning it slowly.
- Allow the eggs to sit for roughly 30 seconds. At this point, they should still be slightly runny as they begin to form to the shape of the pan. Gently shake the pan from side to side, then add your vegetable filling evenly across the center.
- Allow the egg to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. As the liquid begins to solidify, sprinkle your cheese on top. Skip this step if you don’t want cheese.
- Gently fold the omelet by raising the pan slightly towards yourself. Wedge the spatula under the side of the pan that is farthest from you and fold the egg in half.
- Turn the heat off and allow the egg to sit on the heated stove for an additional 20 to 30 seconds to melt any cheese layered on top.
- Remove the omelet from the skillet and garnish with cilantro and parsley. Serve immediately!
While a classic omelet dish only requires a few basic cooking skills, your ingredients should always be premium to create a dish with flavor and top-quality. Why settle for subpar ingredients when your dish deserves excellency?
At Sauder’s Eggs, we guarantee you’ll get the best results when you crack open our farm-fresh eggs for your next dish. Use our store locator to find our high-quality eggs in a store near you!