BLT sandwiches are great and all, but they sure are messy. With the addition of warm, tasty bacon, you must deal with grease dripping down your bun that transforms your sandwich into a soggy mess. Nevertheless, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes fit well together, forming the perfect mouth-watering sandwich the whole family is guaranteed to enjoy.
But, if you want the same delicious taste of a BLT minus the added calories, fat or mess, opt for an ELT instead – an egg, lettuce and tomato sandwich!
The ELT Supreme is perfect for a casual dinner. It only requires a few basic kitchen necessities and three main ingredients: eggs, lettuce and tomatoes. Whether you want to surprise your loved one with a tasty lunch or you need a quick and simple dinner recipe that will fulfill both your own and your significant other’s stomach, our recipe for egg, lettuce and tomato sandwiches is sure to impress.
- Add your slices of bread to a toaster and heat until slightly crispy. Remove and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your mayonnaise or ranch sauce with the hot sauce until all contents are thoroughly mixed. Using a butter knife, spread an even layer of the paste onto one side of each slice of bread.
- Add your eggs to a medium pot of water, bringing it to a boil over high heat. When adding water, you only need to use enough water to cover the eggs by roughly 2 to 3 inches. It’s essential to add your eggs to the water before bringing it to a boil to prevent potential cracking.
- Once the water reaches a boil, allow the eggs to cook for roughly 1 to 2 minutes before turning the heat down to low. Leave the pot on low heat for approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and drain the eggs in cold water.
- Carefully peel the outer shell of the eggs once they cool and slice each piece in half.
- Layer your seasoned bread with lettuce, tomatoes and two halves of eggs on each slice. Sprinkle salt and basil on top for added flavor. Add your desired toppings and serve with a delicious side, or enjoy your sandwich on its own!
When you’re craving a BLT — minus the B — opt for a delicious egg, lettuce and tomato sandwich instead! Eggs are an excellent source of protein and nutrients, making them the ideal substitute for bacon.
Because eggs are the foundation of this tasty sandwich, it’s crucial to invest in the quality ingredients you deserve. At Sauder’s Eggs, we specialize in selling high-quality, farm-fresh eggs. To find our eggs in a store near you, just plug your zip code into our store locator.