Who says eggs can’t be a delicacy? With a little dash of trout roe or caviar, your deviled eggs will have just the right level of je ne sais quoi to make them the talk of the kitchen.
Deviled eggs are the perfect addition to any party, picnic or gathering. With their delicate and neatly arranged appearance, they make for a beautiful display wherever they’re placed.
But what would a snack be without its flavor? Deviled eggs deliver when it comes to satisfying your taste buds, too. These eggs are the perfect addition to any platter or dish, so why not reach for an even higher level of satisfaction? Try serving a tasty deviled eggs and trout roe dish served over oven-fresh biscuits.
If you’re used to your deviled eggs plain, get ready for a heavenly surprise. This recipe for deviled eggs on biscuits with trout roe and dill will add a fun, festive spin to your favored classical dish.
- Using a spoon or ladle, gently lower your eggs one-by-one into a large saucepan or pot. Add enough water to cover the eggs with 2 inches of water. Turn the heat to medium and wait for the water to simmer.
- Once the water begins to boil, add a form-fitting lid to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the eggs for an additional 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and rinse with cold water immediately. In a medium mixing bowl, add roughly ½ cup of ice to 4 cups of water. Add the eggs to the ice-water and allow the eggs to chill for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the cold water and pat dry with a napkin or towel. Carefully peel each egg and dispose of the shells.
- On a cutting board, slice the eggs into small cube pieces. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the chopped eggs if desired.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese and mustard. Grate 3 tablespoons worth of pickles into the bowl and mix. Add the egg pieces to the mixture and stir.
- Add the biscuits to a toaster or pre-heated oven at 350° F for roughly 5 minutes, or until slightly brown. Remove the muffins from the toaster or oven and set aside on a plate or dish. Add several spoonfuls of the egg mixture to each muffin.
- Add ½ tablespoon of trout roe or your favored caviar to the top of each muffin. Sprinkle chives on top and serve or refrigerator for a snack to enjoy later.
Deviled eggs provide ultimate flavor satisfaction for any occasion, which makes them ideal for sharing! Don’t offer your guests or family a dish prepared with disappointing ingredients. At Sauder’s Eggs, we guarantee every egg provides a farm-fresh quality and taste! Use our store locator for easy access to our products in a store near you.