Learning to cook scrambled eggs is a basic skill everyone should master. If you haven’t already, conquering the most basic of egg recipes will save you both money and time you would’ve otherwise spent in the kitchen. Whether you’re cooking breakfast or an afternoon snack, it only requires minimal effort and a few fresh eggs to whip up a deliciously nutritious meal.
Did you know eggs are one of the top five breakfast ingredients? Even lunch and dinner dishes include this favored ingredient in recipes from pizzas to casseroles. But before you dabble in more complicated recipes, it’s important to master the art of scrambled eggs first.
If you’re ready to brew up a delicious yet basic egg dish with little to no effort, follow this basic scrambled eggs recipe.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined. The key to extra fluffy eggs is fast mixing to ensure you adequately combine the yolks and whites.
- Add roughly two tablespoons of butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Tilt the pan and allow the butter to coat the entire bottom layer of the pan evenly.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pan and allow the contents to sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Don’t stir or mix the eggs until the edges of the pan start to cook. As the edges start to brown or cook, use a non-stick rubber spatula to carefully pull the sides of the egg toward the center of the pan.
- As you begin to push the egg towards the center, use a can of spray butter to coat the outer parts of the pan. This step is optional, but will allow you to turn the eggs more easily and prevent further sticking.
- Continue moving and turning the eggs as they cook. Once they start to solidify and liquid is no longer visible, remove the eggs from the skillet and serve immediately.
- Serve your eggs on toast, with a bagel or alone. Enjoy!
When you bite into scrambled eggs, you’re expecting a fluffy texture and a heavenly taste. You also want the satisfaction of a carefree and straightforward preparation. After all, basic scrambled eggs only require the use of several fresh eggs and a bit of knowledge.
Since scrambled eggs are simplistic and rely on one primary ingredient for perfection, guarantee your eggs turn out tasty and delicious by investing in farm-fresh eggs with exquisite taste. At Sauder’s Eggs, high-quality eggs are what we do best. Use our store locator to find our products in a store near you!