There’s no better taste of home than a delicious breakfast. As a child, we all pulled ourselves out of bed when the aroma of a morning meal wafted from the kitchen up into our rooms. Whether it’s a warm sunny day or the middle of the frosty winter season, there’s no better comfort food than that of a freshly cooked egg with a side of hash browns and corned beef. This recipe takes fan-favored traditional breakfast dishes and combines them into one delicious treat.
If you’re wondering how to start your mornings off on the right foot, look no further than our recipe for corned beef and eggs! Top the dish off with freshly fried potatoes, and you’re guaranteed a full morning meal on one plate. Check out our recipe below for a delicious platter the whole family will wake up early to enjoy.
- Using a peel, skin the outer layer of your freshly washed potatoes. Dice the potatoes into ½ inch cube pieces and place them inside a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Dice and chop the onions, green bell peppers and scallions. Add the vegetables to the same mixing bowl as the potatoes to combine the ingredients.
- Thaw the corn beef if frozen. Using a whisk, mix the corned beef into the vegetable mixture. Add the oregano, Italian seasoning and salt to the mixture. Continue to stir until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Pour the corned beef hash mixture into the skillet and press the contents firmly into the pan. Add a form-fitting lid to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes while covered.
- Remove the lid and stir the hash mixture. Using a spatula, make six small “holes” in the hash. Gently move the mix towards the sides of the pan, leaving empty space in six sections of the saucepan.
- Carefully crack one egg into each of the six pockets. After adding each egg to the mixture, turn the heat back up to medium and allow the eggs to set for roughly 5 more minutes.
- Once the eggs are fully set into the mixture, remove the pan from the heat and set aside. Carefully divide the hash mixture into four portions and serve immediately.
Start your morning off on the right foot with pure ingredients straight from the farm. At Sauder’s Eggs, we prioritize providing eggs to any family needing healthy and fresh ingredients to fulfill their daily meals. Not sure where to find our products? Use our store locator to discover our eggs in a store nearest you!