No eggs benedict recipe would be complete without the addition of a creamy hollandaise sauce drizzled over the top of your perfectly poached eggs. Hollandaise sauce is a delicate French cream that kicks your egg benedict’s flavor up a notch. While eggs are delicious on their own, they’re even better with a thick and mouth-watering sauce trickled on top.
If you want to take this iconic breakfast platter to the next level, follow the delicious eggs benedict recipe below.
- Begin by preparing the hollandaise sauce. In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly to combine all parts.
- Measure and pour about a cup of water into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Make a double boiler by placing a bowl over the pot. Make sure the bowl is big enough that it won’t sink into the pan or touch the water. Add ¾ cups of butter to the bowl and wait until it melts entirely.
- Once the butter fully melts, slowly pour the egg mixture into the bowl. Continuously stir the dish over the double boiler to prevent the egg from cooking. Allow the butter to mix with the egg and lemon juice mixture before removing the dish from the heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of the Hollandaise sauce and mix. Set aside.
- Defrost your bacon and add the pieces to a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon for roughly 2 to 3 minutes on each side and turn until the desired level of crisp is achieved. Line a plate or bowl with napkins and towels to absorb access grease and remove the bacon from the skillet once fully cooked. Transfer the bacon to the towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Add white vinegar, salt and 4 to 5 cups of water to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the water reaches a boil, return the heat down low and allow the water to simmer.
- Once the water slows down to a simmer, crack each egg into the pan one at a time. Cook each egg for roughly 4 to 5 minutes before removing. Once your eggs finish cooking, use a spoon or spatula to remove your poached eggs and drop them into a bowl of cool or ice-cold water.
- Remove the eggs from the bowl of water and transfer them into a bowl lined with paper towels or napkins. Drain the excess water. Add your English muffins to the toaster. Once heated, add a spoonful of hollandaise sauce and an egg to each muffin. Top off with a few slices of bacon, and enjoy!
At Sauder’s Eggs, we believe a meal can only reach perfection when it’s made with high-quality and fresh ingredients. Enjoy your eggs benedict with Sauder’s Eggs for guaranteed freshness and mouth-watering flavor. Just use our store locator to find our eggs at a store near you!