Take your breakfast to the next level with a tasty egg, chicken and sausage omelet. An egg is a delicious breakfast treat that can be incorporated into a variety of dishes, and chicken and sausage omelets are a fan-favorite.
Need a little extra protein and vitamins in the morning? Don’t dreadfully scoop cups of bland protein powder into your morning milk. Opt for a delicious chicken and sausage omelet with greens instead. If you’re wondering how to cook a chicken and sausage omelet you can enjoy guilt-free, check out our recipe below!
- Prepare the meat by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and wait for the oil to heat. Once cooked, add your sausage and chicken to the pan and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add your chopped mushrooms, onions and garlic to the skillet.
- Cook the meat and vegetable mixture for another 5 to 6 minutes. Using a spatula, divide the chicken and sausage by gently chopping the meat in the pan. Flip the contents and cover the pan with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 6 to 7 minutes. If you’re using pre-cooked meat and vegetables, simply add your ingredients to the skillet.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, salt, pepper and milk while whisking rapidly. Add a tablespoon of butter to a skillet over medium heat. If you use the same skillet you cooked your meat on earlier, be sure to wipe the pan entirely clean.
- As the butter begins to melt, tilt the pan so the butter evenly covers the skillet. Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pan and allow the eggs to cook for roughly 30 seconds. Use a spatula to gently pull the edges of the egg mixture into the center. Scramble your eggs as they begin to cook by lightly chopping and flipping the egg once the liquid is no longer visible.
- Once the eggs begin to cook, add your vegetable and sausage mixture to the top of the pan. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and sprinkle your cheese on top of the eggs. The cheese should melt fully after about 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately.
Make sure you use the best ingredients for this simple recipe by relying on Sauder’s. Our eggs are a delicious addition to any meal, guaranteeing farm-freshness in every bite. To find our eggs at a grocer near you, use our store locator.