Cheesy Ham and Eggs Recipe
Dr. Seuss may have liked green eggs and ham, but we’d rather cook a basic ham and eggs recipe to satisfy our cravings. Sometimes, all it takes is a bit of melted cheese, freshly cooked eggs and ham to hit the spot. Best of all, a delicious ham and eggs recipe can be prepared any time of day and fits seamlessly into any meal.
You don’t have to be a chef to cook like one. To leave your guests wondering what your magic trick is, you’ll want to make the best eggs and ham recipe out there. Check out the cheesy ham and eggs recipe below!
- Dice about a cup of pre-cooked ham into small cube pieces. In a separate dish, chop the onions, green peppers and chives into small pieces. Add the vegetables to a medium frying pan coated with a thin layer of spray butter over medium heat. Set the ham aside.
- Cook the vegetables for roughly 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the ham. Stir the ham and vegetables occasionally until the meat begins to slightly brown. Once fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs as you stir in the milk, salt and pepper. Beat the eggs until the yolk and egg whites mix thoroughly in with the milk.
- Add about a tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Tilt the pan to coat the entire pan with an even layer of melted butter. Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pan without turning.
- Once the egg is slightly heated but liquid is still visible, pour the cooked vegetable mixture on top of the eggs in an even layer. Allow the eggs and vegetables to cook.
- Using a spatula, gently lift the edges of the egg and push the mixture towards the center. Continue to chop and divide the egg mixture while occasionally turning.
- Once liquid is no longer visible, scatter the cheddar cheese on top of the mixture and turn the heat down low. Allow the eggs to sit on the heated pan for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese has fully melted. Remove and serve immediately.
When you enter the kitchen, your goal is to prepare a delicious, mouth-watering meal. Don’t allow your ingredients to let you down when you take that first anticipatory bite into your meal. At Sauder’s Eggs, we believe every bite should exceed your expectations. Include our farm-fresh eggs in your next meal by using our store locator to find a Sauder’s Eggs retailer near you!