Aioli, which is Catalan for garlic and oil, is a creamy Mediterranean sauce used by food enthusiasts and chefs throughout various European countries. While the sauce’s name signifies the use of two primary ingredients, eggs also play a quintessential role in the formation of this delicious paste.
The best part of sauces and spreads is the endless array of possibilities they provide. Whether you decide to add a spoonful of aioli to your salad or choose to spread some atop your favorite fish or chicken dish, we guarantee this tasty addition will enhance any meal. If you’re wondering how to make aioli with eggs, garlic and other basic ingredients, check out our recipe below!
- Blend one clove of minced garlic in a food processor or mash in a mortar. Add one teaspoon of salt and black pepper for added flavor.
- Crack your eggs in a mixing bowl, separating the egg from the yolk. When cracking open the egg, it’s important to separate the two components carefully to keep the yolk whole and unblended. Break the shell half open and carefully drain the egg white into a separate dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your egg yolk, garlic, mustard and lemon juice. Slowly pour the olive oil into the mixture, using only a few drops at first. It’s essential to add the first few drops of olive oil gradually to ensure it mixes properly with the egg blend.
- As the mixture takes on a thicker consistency, add the remaining olive oil in larger increments. Remember, it’s crucial to incorporate the oil into the egg mixture gradually. Pouring all the oil in at once will prevent your aioli from reaching the desired level of taste and consistency.
- After adding all the olive oil to the bowl, gently blend the mixture using a whisk until the ingredients combine thoroughly.
- Finish your aioli off with 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice poured on top. After following just six simple steps, your easy recipe for aioli has now transformed into a delicious paste, ready to be served on your salads, soups and various other dishes!
When it comes to making aioli, two main secrets can help you make the perfect paste. The first trick is to properly add the olive oil to the egg mixture. Adding it too rapidly can quickly transform your creamy aioli into a watery mess. The second and most important secret is to buy fresh, tasty eggs.
You can’t make a delicious aioli without investing in the proper ingredients. At Sauder’s Eggs, we believe no excellent meal would be possible without having top-of-the-line ingredients inside. Our eggs are fresh from the farm, and you’ll notice the high level of quality in every bite. To get the delicious ingredients you deserve, use our store locator to find our eggs in a grocery store near you!