There’s one egg dish we love to rave over: frittatas. Whether you’re an egg lover or want to make a quick and easy dish any time of the day, frittatas are a fantastic way to fulfill your daily cravings without spending too much time in the kitchen.
If you’re wondering how to make a frittata flawlessly, you’ll be glad to know preparation is easier than you can imagine. Envision a dish you can cook in either your oven or stove that only requires minimal effort and ingredients. That perfect meal can become a reality with our stress-free frittata recipe. Check out our method for cooking frittatas below. Whether you enjoy a dish fresh from the oven or straight off the stove, you can have the best of both worlds by following whichever recipe suits you best.
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. Spray the bottom of a pie pan or 9-inch cooking dish and set aside. If using smaller pie pans or cooking dishes, use two pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs and milk. Thoroughly mix the egg whites and yolk. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and continue to whisk.
- Add your chopped broccoli, onions, mozzarella cheese and bacon to the egg mixture and whisk until all ingredients are fully mixed.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into your pie pan(s). Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of the pie without mixing. Place your pie in your oven on the middle rack and bake for roughly 35 to 40 minutes.
- Insert a fork into your frittata after 35 to 40 minutes, and remove your pie from the oven once the fork emerges clean. Slice the pie and serve immediately!
- Crack a dozen fresh eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together with your milk until you obtain a mixed blend. Sprinkle your salt and pepper into the mix while continuing to whisk rapidly.
- In a separate bowl, combine your chopped broccoli, onions, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon. Set aside.
- Add roughly 2 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Tilt the pan back and forth to fully coat the pan in an even layer of butter. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Let the eggs sit in the pan without stirring for roughly 30 seconds. Pour the vegetable and cheese mixture on top of the egg mixture and allow the ingredients to cook for approximately 3 to 4 more minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Flip the eggs once the top layer contains no visible liquid. Cover the pan with a lid and let it sit for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve immediately.
With a recipe this simple, we guarantee you’ll know how to cook a frittata by heart after preparing it for the first time.
While you may have your cooking skills down to a tee, do you have the high-quality ingredients your recipe deserves? Sauder’s eggs are the perfect choice for any egg dish, from elaborate quiches to simple frittatas. Use our store locator to find our farm-fresh eggs at a grocer near you.