You can’t have a party without first preparing a tray full of perfectly garnished deviled eggs for your guests to devour. Deviled egg recipes equip you with the knowledge to make the perfect party snack for your guests the next time you get together with family and friends. The formula for deviled eggs is so simple you don’t need to wait until the holidays or a special event to enjoy these bite-sized delights. Make your deviled eggs ahead of time for the perfect easy-to-make snack you can indulge in throughout the day, any day!
Not sure how to make or cook deviled eggs to perfection? Follow our quick and easy deviled egg recipe below to guarantee the formation of a delicious finger-food that provides the ideal treat or addition to any meal.
- Add 5 to 6 cups of water to a large pot or saucepan. Make sure the water is approximately 3 to 4 inches in depth to ensure it can thoroughly cover the eggs.
- Using a spoon, carefully lower your eggs into the pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Once the water begins to boil, cover the pan with a lid and immediately turn the heat down to low. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Use a spoon to remove each egg from the water gently. Transfer all the eggs into a medium dish full of cool water and ice cubes. Allow the eggs to sit in the chilly water for roughly 3 to 4 minutes before moving.
- Gently peel the shell off of each egg and pat dry with a towel or napkin. Once the eggs are fully cooled and cracked, chop in half and set aside.
- Carefully use a scooping spoon to remove the yolk in each egg. In a small mixing bowl, combine and stir your sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and pickle relish. Mash the egg yolks and add them to the sour cream mixture.
- Gently add a spoonful of the yolk and sour cream mixture back to each egg in the center where the yolk should be.
- Sprinkle finely minced chives on top of each egg for an elegant garnish that provides added beauty and flavor. Serve and refrigerator leftovers for a future meal or snack.
While deviled eggs are delicious with or without toppings, it’s the key ingredient that makes or breaks the dish: the eggs. Don’t settle for inferior quality when you want a mouth-watering taste for your next meal — prepare your favorite egg recipes with Sauder’s Eggs. Our number one priority is to provide farm-fresh ingredients straight from our home to yours. Use our store locator to find Sauder eggs at a store near you.