Bacon, mushrooms and cheese, oh my! This mushroom and cheese omelet recipe provides a mouthful of cheesy deliciousness, crunchy bacon and roasted mushrooms in every bite. You’re not ordinary, so your breakfast shouldn’t be either. A delightful bacon, mushroom and cheese omelet is the perfect way to add some flair to your typical morning breakfast without requiring countless hours spent hovering over the kitchen stove.
An omelet without any additions is delicious. But an omelet with bacon, mushrooms and cheese kicks the flavor of this traditional breakfast dish up to a whole other level. Are you ready to indulge your taste buds in a rich sensory experience? If so, check out our omelet with bacon, mushrooms and cheese recipe below!
- Use a knife to dice and chop your chives, mushrooms and scallions into small cube pieces. Place on a dish and set aside.
- Add the bacon to an ungreased pan over medium heat. Flip the bacon slices once every 3 to 4 minutes. Once the bacon begins to brown and crisp, remove the pieces from the pan and transfer them to a napkin or towel-lined bowl to absorb excess grease.
- Crumble the bacon pieces into your dish full of chopped vegetables. Add about a tablespoon of butter to your skillet and pour your bacon and vegetable contents into the skillet. Cook for approximately 4-5 minutes on medium heat. After 4 to 5 minutes, turn the heat down to low and cover the pan with a lid. Allow the vegetables and bacon to cook for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk, adding salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the contents rapidly and add your cooked vegetables and bacon to the mix before setting aside.
- Place a large skillet on a heated stove set to medium heat. Add one tablespoon of butter to the skillet and tilt the pan to cover the entire surface thoroughly.
- Carefully pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the egg mixture. Once no liquid is visible, use a spatula to turn half of the omelet over. Once you fold the omelet, reduce the heat and allow the cheese to melt on top of the egg for 30 seconds. Remove your omelet from the pan and serve immediately.
Want your omelet to emerge from the pan a soft and tasty layer of perfection? Use our store locator to find Sauder’s delicious eggs at a store near you.