Bacon, Egg and Leek Risotto with Sauder’s Eggs
Do you want a creamy and savory dish with a touch of wine, bacon and poached eggs? Then our bacon, egg and leek risotto is the platter for you! With the perfect mixture of ingredients and a beautiful finishing look, this dish is best shared and served on special occasions. Bring out your most elegant Chinaware and set up the dining table with fancy placemats and serving utensils — you’re going to want to display this dish with sophistication once it’s fully prepared.
Not sure how to achieve the perfect creamy consistency when cooking your risotto? Need to touch up on your poached egg skills? Check out our simple recipe below to get cooking like a pro in no time — no chef-level skills required!
- Add roughly 4 to 5 cups of water to a medium pot or saucepan. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Sprinkle with the salt. Crack each egg into the bubbling water one at a time.
- Allow the eggs to sit in the pot untouched until the whites become solid. Carefully remove each egg with a ladle or spoon while the yolk is still slightly gooey. Transfer the eggs to a bowl lined with napkins or paper towels to drain the excess water before setting aside.
- Place a large pot or saucepan over medium heat. Add the broth to the pan and bring to a simmer. Once the broth begins to slightly boil, add a lid to the pot and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the grapeseed oil to the pan and layer the bacon pieces onto the skillet, ensuring each piece has adequate cooking space. Cook the bacon for roughly 7 to 8 minutes, or until slightly crisp. Remove the bacon and drain the excess grease in a bowl or plate lined with napkins or paper towels.
- Using the same pan you fried the bacon in, add the leeks to the heated oil and cook for roughly 4 to 5 minutes. Remove about a cup of the leeks and set aside once they begin to slightly brown and soften. Allow the remaining leeks to sit in the pan.
- Carefully pour the rice into the pan where the leeks are cooking. Pour in the wine and stir, bringing the heat back up to medium.
- Begin to slowly add the broth into the pan. Do not pour all the broth into the pan at once. Add some broth, stir and wait for the mixture to thicken. Continue these steps until all the broth is inside the pan. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pan. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Once the liquid is fully absorbed into the rice, add chopped pieces of the bacon, parsley and parmesan cheese to the pot.
- Scoop the risotto evenly into four separate bowls. Add a poached egg to each bowl and place the extra leek on top for added garnishment if preferred. Serve immediately.
We saved the most important instruction for last: Remember to use only fresh, top-quality ingredients in your dishes. Sauder’s Eggs provides all the flavor necessary to add some extra zeal to your next dish. Find our products in a store near you by using our store locator online today!