Nothing hits the spot quite like a crispy, delicious pizza. As the dough begins to rise in the oven, aromatic smells of the cheesy delight fill your house with anticipation. We can all agree we’ve bitten into our pizza a little too soon after removing it from the oven, unable to resist the scrumptious slices.
There’s a reason hardly anyone dislikes pizza. It’s a fan-favored dish that can be customized to suit almost any taste buds. From pineapples to chicken, there’s no shortage of the toppings you can add to a pizza. But when it comes time for breakfast, we believe a classic egg pizza is best.
This pizza includes two layers of melted cheese, freshly cooked eggs and a crispy layer of bacon on top — is your mouth watering yet? Check out our recipe for egg pizza below!
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Place the cooking rack in the middle bar and cover a 14-inch circular baking sheet with a thin coat of cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow it thaw at room temperature for roughly 20 to 25 minutes. If frozen, be sure to thaw the dough in the fridge overnight beforehand.
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Place the thawed bacon on to the pan strip-by-strip, making sure no pieces overlap. Cook the bacon for roughly 8 to 10 minutes, or until they’re as crispy as you want them.
- While the bacon cooks, crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl and pour the milk over the top. Gently whisk the eggs and milk together until thoroughly combined.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a medium skillet over medium heat. Carefully tilt the pan to cover the surface with an even layer of butter. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for roughly 5 minutes. As the egg begins to cook, use a spatula to lift the edges of the egg towards the center gently. Continue turning until liquid is no longer visible.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain the excess grease with a napkin or paper towel. Carefully transfer the pizza crust to the cooking pan and add the provolone cheese slices to the bottom layer of the dough.
- Next, add the cooked eggs to the top of the cheese. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the eggs and top off the pizza with the cooked bacon slices. If you prefer, crumble the bacon into smaller portions first.
- Using a cooking brush, gently coat the outer part of the dough with a thin layer of olive oil. Sprinkle the oregano and parsley over the entire pizza, including the crust.
- Bake the egg pizza on the middle rack of the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted. Remove, slice and serve immediately.
When you serve up a savory dish, every ingredient should be top-quality and filled with as many nutrients as possible. Never settle for inferiority when you deserve picture-perfect, tasty platters. Sauder’s offers a line of fresh eggs for every occasion. Use our store locator to find our eggs at a store near you!