There’s no better way to make up for a skipped breakfast than by indulging in the vitamin-packed deliciousness of a hearty omelet. You’ve probably had a classic omelet before, but we guarantee you haven’t tasted anything quite like this bacon and feta cheese fluffy omelet recipe.
If you open your fridge and find yourself with slim pickings, you’ll be happy to know this simple egg recipe only requires a handful of ingredients to accomplish an explosive taste. Best of all, it just takes 15 minutes to prepare and cook.
Whether you’re looking for an easy and fluffy omelet recipe or feel like testing out your skills in the kitchen, there’s no wrong time to whip up a classic omelet with an added savory flair.
- Remove the bacon from your freezer and thaw the contents in the microwave before cooking. Place your bacon strips on an unheated skillet and lay the pieces flat against the pan without overlapping one another. For best results, wait until the bacon is already on the skillet before turning the heat on.
- Allow your bacon to cook over medium heat. As the meat begins to brown, flip the bacon. Continue flipping the strips until you obtain the desired level of crispiness.
- While your bacon cooks on the stove, crack four large eggs into a mixing bowl. For added protein and minerals, swap your regular eggs out for an organic alternative. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat your eggs until all contents are adequately mixed. Add two egg whites into your mixture and mix briskly.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and place on a napkin-lined plate to soak up excess grease. On a separate burner, heat a tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture onto the heated stove, sprinkling parsley and salt on top as the eggs cook. Allow the eggs to cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes. When the edge of the mixture begins to solidify, use your spatula to fold half the omelet over the other.
- Allow the egg contents to cook for 1 minute. Turn the stove off, but allow the skillet to sit over the remaining warmth. Sprinkle the desired amount of feta cheese atop the eggs and let it melt. Layer the bacon pieces on top, then cut the contents in half for a hearty and delicious egg lunch recipe that’s worth sharing!
The key to making a perfect omelet is finding the perfect eggs to include in your meal. At Sauder’s Eggs, we’ve been producing quality farm-fresh eggs for generations. Once you cook with Sauder’s eggs, we guarantee they’ll remain a part of your family for years to come. Try our products today by locating a store near you.