Casseroles are the perfect way to combine your favorite ingredients into one warm and oven-fresh dish. While our baked egg dinner casserole tastes magical, there’s no secret mojo or chant needed to enjoy the divine taste of a meal you can quickly cook within the comfort of your own kitchen — in under 30 minutes.
Whether you’re strapped for time or need a delicious comfort food to top off your day, we guarantee you can’t go wrong with this simple, fulfilling baked egg dinner recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Remove your sausage from the freezer or refrigerator and thaw if necessary. Peel the outer shell casing and add the sausage to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the skillet uncovered for 5 to 6 minutes. Using a spatula, separate the meat and mix the sausage around the pan. Add a lid to the pan after the sausage begins to cook and turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook for an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until the meat starts to slightly brown.
- Transfer the sausage from the pan to a napkin or towel-lined plate to drain any excess grease. Set aside.
- In a clean skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and tilt the pan to cover it entirely with an even coating of oil. Turn the heat up to medium and add the chopped peppers, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Cover with a lid and cook the contents for an addition 10 minutes on low.
- In a mixing bowl, rapidly whisk together the eggs and milk. Remove the lid from the cooked vegetable mixture and carefully pour the egg mixture on top of the vegetables. Turn the heat back to a medium setting.
- Allow the eggs to sit without turning for 3 minutes. Once the liquid is no longer visible, flip the eggs using a spatula. Remove the pan from the stove and set aside.
- Add half the cooked sausage to the bottom of an ungreased cooking pan. Then, add the entire egg and vegetable mixture to the next layer and top it off with an even layer of mozzarella cheese. Place the remaining half of the sausage on top of the eggs.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese to the top of the casserole and bake the dish uncovered for roughly 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven once the cheese melts fully and serve immediately.
Sauder’s Eggs delivers farm-fresh flavor to your favorite meals and platters. Make sure you get the ingredients you deserve by finding our products in a store near you and using them in your next dish!