When you’ve had a long day or are just looking for a filling yet light meal, soup is a great pick. No matter your tastes, there are a ton of great soups out there that you’ll love.
If you’re looking for a unique soup with a lot of amazing flavors, be sure to try out our chickpea and lemon soup. The spices give the soup a smoky flavor, and there are lots of great veggies. The lemon juice gives it a bit of a tang, too. All of the different flavors and textures come together perfectly for heaven in every bite.
This soup is perfect for vegetarians or even those who want a healthier meal. You can serve it by itself or with a simple side, like sliced Italian bread or a green salad. The soup could also be an impressive first course if you’re hosting a dinner party with friends and family.
Soups work great for feeding a crowd — or for anyone who enjoys bringing leftovers to lunch during the work week. Our chickpea and lemon soup will be a big hit with whoever eats it.
To learn how to make this simple soup, follow our clear instructions below!
- Heat up the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the chopped onions, celery and carrots until they’re tender, about eight to 10 minutes. Add the turmeric, cumin, chili flakes, salt, garlic powder, 1/2 cup parsley, and 1/2 cup cilantro. Stir until the spices are well incorporated.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and vegetable stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add the green lentils and chickpeas.
- Lower the heat slightly and allow to simmer until the chickpeas and lentils are tender.
- While the soup is simmering, whisk the flour, egg, water, and lemon juice. Stir the mixture into the soup.
- Add the spinach.
- Let the soup simmer for five minutes.
- Serve among bowls.
- Top each serving with the remaining parsley and cilantro.
When you use top-quality and fresh ingredients in your cooking and baking, you take your recipes to a new level of deliciousness. Using the best ingredients you can find will take anything you prepare from great to amazing.
Sauder’s eggs have unparalleled quality and freshness. We make this happen by partnering with dedicated farmers who care about our customers as much as we do.
To find our delicious eggs at the shop nearest you, please use our store locator today.