If you are like most people, you probably think that tacos are just for lunch, dinner and snacks. Although those are certainly great times to indulge in a taco or two, you can never forget delicacies like pancake breakfast tacos.
Though there is any number of variations on the original pancake breakfast taco recipe, we happen to think ours is pretty delicious. Not only will you surprise your family and overnight guests with these amazing treats, but they will beg you to make them over and over. Fortunately, this is one easy pancake breakfast taco recipe to master.
Eager to learn how to make pancake breakfast tacos tomorrow or sometime in the near future? Read on for easy pancake breakfast taco recipe directions.
1. Prepare boxed pancake mix batter in a large mixing bowl by mixing dry ingredients with the appropriate amount of water according to package instructions. Add cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and cornmeal and mix well. If the batter is too thick, add water or any type of milk 1/8 cup at a time to thin.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet or griddle over low heat. Drop rounded spoonfuls of cheesy pancake batter into the skillet to create large pancakes about 6 inches in diameter. Increase heat to medium setting. Cook pancakes according to package directions, flipping halfway through to ensure even cooking. Use all the pancake batter.
3. Place cooked pancakes on a waiting plate and cover with a dry, clean dish towel so they remain warm.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of butter in new large skillet or pan and melt over medium heat. Add green chili pepper, red onion, red bell pepper and ham. Cook all ingredients until onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Remove skillet or pan from heat. Transfer ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour pure maple syrup over the cooked vegetables and ham and mix together. Put aside.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet or pan just used to cook the vegetables and ham. Melt butter over medium heat and add the beaten eggs. Cook, stirring and flipping the eggs regularly until they are scrambled and thoroughly cooked. Transfer cooked eggs to a plate or mixing bowl.
6. Prepare pancake breakfast tacos by placing a small amount of scrambled eggs in the center of each pancake. Top eggs with the vegetables and ham mixture. Fold the pancakes like tacos and serve three to a plate.
Like what you see on our recipes page? Be sure to try this easy pancake breakfast taco recipe and leave a review. Looking for Sauder’s eggs in your neck of the woods? You can find them with our simple-to-use store locator on our website.