If you have a fridge full of eggs, milk, and vegetables, you’re ready to make the most delicious dinner you’ve ever tasted. When you brew up this fast and easy scalloped eggs recipe, we guarantee anyone who tastes it will be begging for the recipe. To enjoy the creamy and smooth taste of this delicious dish, follow our easy scalloped eggs recipe below.
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. Coat a nonstick baking dish with cooking spray or butter and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a medium pan and heat over medium heat. Place your onions in the saucepan and sauté your vegetables for roughly 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onions start to soften and brown. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and milk until fully blended. Add a cup of a three-cheese blend to the mixing bowl. Place a medium saucepan on your stove and heat over medium heat.
- Place a tablespoon of butter into the heated pan. Add your flour, milk and cheese mixture to the saucepan once the butter has melted and stir until the liquid turns into a thick and creamy paste. Turn the heat down low and cover the pot with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes as the cheese begins to melt.
- Add roughly six slices of bacon to a skillet over medium heat and allow the meat to cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, turning periodically. Once you achieve the desired level of crispiness, remove the bacon from the stove and drain the excess grease on a paper towel or napkin-lined plate.
- Line the bottom of your baking pan with your crumbled breadcrumb pieces. Next, add the diced up hard-boiled eggs on top. Remove your cheese mixture from the stove and carefully pour the sauce on top of the entire pan, coating the eggs in an even layer.
- Add your sautéed onions to the top and bake uncovered for roughly 20-25 minutes. Let the scalloped eggs cool for several minutes before serving. Sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper on top for added flavor, and enjoy!
Sometimes, the best dishes are worth sharing. If you don’t invite someone else over to share a bite, how else will you be able to rave over the delicious flavor of your dish? To prepare your recipes worthy of sharing with friends and family, be sure to incorporate only fresh and top-quality ingredients into every bowl or plate.
At Sauder’s Eggs, farm-fresh eggs are our specialty. Find our eggs in a store near you by using our store locator!