13 Summer Egg Recipes
Posted on: August 15th 2022
Summer is an excellent time to try out some new recipes, and egg-based dishes can be a great place to start. Many of them are quick, low-effort, and easy to make — not to mention incredibly delicious. Whether you’re cooking for yourself, the family, or even a summer potluck, consider trying one or more of the recipes in this article. You may even discover a new favorite dish.
13 Egg Recipes to Try This Summer
From breakfast dishes to appetizers to desserts, there’s no shortage of egg recipes to try this summer. Browse our list of favorites below for some inspiration!
1. Breakfast Egg Quesadillas
Egg quesadillas are an ideal family breakfast before everyone embarks on their summer activities for the day. Nutritious ingredients like spinach and black beans add a rich boost of protein and flavor. With savory eggs, fresh spices, healthy spinach, and melted cheese, your family will likely request these time and again. Thankfully, they come together quickly and easily — but this simplicity doesn’t take away from their incredible taste!
To make egg quesadillas with spinach and black beans, pick up the listed ingredients and have a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet ready. The process is straightforward:
- Beat and season the eggs in a bowl.
- Heat and stir your oil, spinach, and black beans over medium to medium-high heat.
- Pour the eggs over your spinach and black beans. Cook this mixture and transfer it to a bowl.
- Warm your tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle the cheese over one side.
- Pour a quarter of the egg mixture onto the tortilla, then fold the quesadilla in half. Cook both sides until it’s crispy and golden brown. Repeat this process with your remaining tortillas and egg mixture.
Head over to the full recipe if you’d like to try this tasty breakfast quesadilla for yourself! You can even serve your quesadillas with diced tomatoes, cooked corn, or other toppings if desired.
2. Crustless Spinach and Tomato Quiche
Seeing as tomatoes reach their peak quality during summer, it only makes sense to incorporate them into your egg dishes this season. This crustless quiche with cheese, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms is a must-try if you desire a tasty low-carb meal. Whether it’s for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, one bite is sure to leave everyone longing for a second helping. Here’s a brief rundown of this recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Add in onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach, stirring until softened.
- Whisk eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Spread half of your cheese on the pie plate, then top with the veggie mixture. Cover with the egg mixture, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the quiche in the oven for about 25 minutes, until the top is golden and the eggs are set.
Pick up the ingredients and try the full recipe to experience these fresh flavors for yourself! Whether you’re searching for keto recipes or delicious summertime meals, this dish is for you.
A classic and beloved egg dish, frittatas are quick and easy to make any time of the day. If you want to satisfy your cravings for a hot and savory meal without spending too much time in the kitchen, this cheesy bacon frittata can accommodate your busy summer schedule. Light and fluffy eggs, juicy bacon, crisp veggies, and cheese come together to create fantastic flavors.
The beauty of this dish is that it requires minimal ingredients, effort, and prep time. Additionally, you have the option of cooking it in the oven or with a stove. Here are the general steps to follow when preparing it in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and spray the bottom of a pie pan or cooking dish. Set aside.
- Whisk together milk and eggs in a bowl. Sprinkle pepper and salt on top and continue to mix.
- Add in chopped onions, broccoli, bacon, and mozzarella, then whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture into your pan or dish, then sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake your frittata for 35-40 minutes.
You can also find the stovetop instructions in this recipe if you’d prefer to make your frittata that way instead. Whichever method you choose, this stress-free frittata recipe ensures you can enjoy a quality meal with ease!
4. Spinach Rolls
If you’re craving a dish packed with protein and veggies — or you’re looking for ways to use up your spinach — these healthy vegetarian spinach rolls won’t disappoint. While they resemble fancy appetizers at an upscale party, they’re surprisingly simple to prepare and make.
Perfect to enjoy on the deck during a warm summer afternoon or eat on the go, these rolls are savory and filling with just the right touch of spice. This dish requires a few straightforward steps to come together, but the result is well worth it! Consider giving it a try:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix two eggs, spinach, garlic, mozzarella, and half of your salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Spray parchment paper on a baking sheet, then transfer the spinach mixture to the sheet and press it flat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then let it cool on a rack.
- Grate your carrots and finely chop parsley and onion. Fry them in a sprayed skillet for about a minute.
- Add in curry, chili, cottage cheese, and the other half of your salt and pepper, then mix.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Add an egg, then mix everything together.
- Spread this mixture over the cooled spinach. Carefully roll up the spinach mat and mixture, then bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out the roll and let it cool. Cut it into slices and serve.
5. Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a staple for summertime celebrations and potlucks, but sometimes it’s necessary to switch up the traditional recipe. That’s where these irresistible guacamole deviled eggs come in. This recipe merges two popular appetizers to create the ultimate swoon-worthy snack. It’s safe to say these probably won’t make it to the end of the gathering!
Enjoy these creamy and tangy flavors with the basic steps below:
- Gather the ingredients listed in the recipe.
- Peel your hard-boiled eggs, then slice them into halves and scoop out the yolks. Place the yolks in a bowl and the white haves on a tray.
- Mash the yolks well, then peel and mash the avocado in a separate bowl.
- Add the mashed yolks, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and lime juice to the bowl of mashed avocado. Mix well.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to fill the empty egg white halves with your avocado mixture. Top the deviled eggs with chopped cilantro and serve.
Avocado is a great source of healthy fat, making it a tasty and nutritious alternative to mayo. Ingredients like lime, cilantro, onion, and minced garlic add a rich guac flavor. Feel free to add a little jalapeño for some extra kick.
6. Huevos Rancheros
If you’d like to experiment with new recipes this summer, consider giving Picante Mexican huevos rancheros a try. Huevos rancheros is a traditional Mexican breakfast dish. It consists of poached or fried eggs and spicy tomato sauce served on a warm tortilla. The Spanish word Picante means “hot” or “spicy.”
With this special twist on traditional huevos rancheros, you can enjoy the zesty flavor of salsa with your dish:
- Mix chopped tomatoes and three chili peppers in a blender to make the tomato paste.
- Simmer olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add one chili pepper, onions, and garlic to the pot and sauté.
- Add in salt, pepper, cilantro, and parsley, then stir everything well.
- Add the tomato paste to the pot once the oil is absorbed. Stir and turn down the heat, then let the salsa mixture simmer for 8-10 minutes. Let cool, then blend the mixture once more until smooth.
- Heat tortillas on a pan for two or three minutes until lightly crispy. Add a spoonful of butter and crack your eggs into the pan. Cook until the whites are solidified. Remove the pan from the stove.
- Place your warm tortilla shells on a plate and add a spoonful of the salsa mixture to each. Top off each tortilla shell with an egg.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and cilantro, then serve.
If you’re craving an authentic Mexican dish or want to add a hint of spice to your meal, this recipe will hit the spot.
7. Green Eggs and Ham Sandwich
If you’re familiar with the classic children’s book by Dr. Seuss, chances are you’ll appreciate this fun recipe. This green eggs and ham sandwich combines a whole wheat English muffin, eggs, pesto, provolone cheese, and sliced deli ham for a healthy summertime delight. Consider trying it out for your next breakfast or lunch! All it takes are the simple steps below:
- Whisk the eggs, pesto, and milk in a bowl.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, then heat the egg mixture over medium heat.
- Push the eggs’ edges toward the center as they set, allowing the uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- Remove the mixture from the skillet when the eggs are set and the top appears glossy. Cut the eggs into quarters.
- Layer your eggs, ham, and cheese on the bottom of each English muffin. Add the English muffin tops to form sandwiches.
8. Egg Crostini
A traditional Italian appetizer, crostini consists of small slices of toasted or grilled bread and toppings. These toppings can include various meats, vegetables, cheeses, condiments, and herbs.
This egg crostini recipe combines unique ingredients like hard-boiled eggs, anchovy fillets, fresh spices, and capers on crispy baguette slices. Whether you need the perfect hors d’oeuvre to bring to a summer gathering or a hearty late-night snack, this colorful and eccentric dish can do it all.
Start by sprinkling the hard-boiled egg slices gently with salt, then set them aside. Toast your bread slices and rub them with garlic cloves, then slather them with butter. Keep in mind that the toast should be cool enough so the butter stays creamy without melting.
Layer the egg and radish slices over the toast, then drizzle with olive oil. Top with capers and anchovy fillets, then sprinkle with black pepper and lemon juice. Finally, drizzle the crostini with additional olive oil and garnish with sliced scallion greens if desired.
9. Egg Curry
Inspired by traditional Indian cuisine, this garlic and egg curry recipe is a great way to expand your culinary horizons — and add a zesty flair to your dish. While most curry recipes have a meat or vegetable base, this unique recipe uses hard-boiled eggs instead. Spice up dinnertime for the whole family with the steps below:
- Cook your rice with the directions on the packaging.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add in onion, poblano chile, and basil leaves, then sauté.
- Add in cashews, garlic powder, and ginger. Stir and cook for about two minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, chili powder, turmeric, salt, garam masala, and coriander. Stir well until the curry becomes fragrant.
- Carve shallow slices into your hard-boiled eggs and add them to the mixture. Cook and stir gently for about two minutes.
- Add water a little bit at a time until gravy forms. Cover the skillet and let simmer until it thickens, about two minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk until well-heated and combined, about one or two minutes. Remove the curry from heat, then serve it over rice.
10. Creole Eggs on Toast
There’s no better way to kick off the day than with a simple yet classic meal of eggs on toast. Adding some fresh ingredients to the mix — like chopped green bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, capers, and onion — provides a rich boost of protein, vitamins, and flavor. This dish will likely become a breakfast-time favorite this summer!
To make creole eggs over toast, start by melting butter over medium-high heat in a skillet. Cook and stir the onion, mushrooms, and pepper in the melted butter for about five minutes or until soft. Add in capers and tomatoes, then bring the mixture to a simmer.
Next, pour beaten eggs over this veggie mixture. Stir and cook well until the eggs are scrambled and no longer runny — about five minutes or so. Spoon the egg and veggie mixture over toast and voila — you’re ready to start the day with a warm and nutritious breakfast!
11. Quinoa Salad With Eggs
Nothing says summer quite like a fresh, crisp, and colorful salad. That’s why we couldn’t exclude this egg and quinoa salad recipe from the list! Serving and eating it in a glass jar somehow makes it even more enjoyable. Give it a shot with the basic instructions below:
- Whisk together your olive oil, orange juice, and Dijon mustard to make the dressing. Set aside.
- Combine the quinoa and oil in a bowl. In a second bowl, combine the cucumber and tomato. In a third bowl, toss your avocado with parsley and lemon juice.
- Divide spinach among four glass jars. Add a layer of quinoa to each jar, then a layer of the tomato mixture, followed by a layer of avocado mixture. Sprinkle with dukkah and your homemade dressing.
- Top each glass jar with half of a soft-boiled egg, then serve.
12. Strawberry Macarons
We’ve covered a variety of savory egg dishes, so it’s only fair that we add some desserts to the mix as well. Strawberries are a prime summertime fruit, making strawberry-inspired desserts a perfect way to ring in the season.
A chewy sandwich cookie filled with creamy strawberry-flavored buttercream, strawberry macarons are an excellent dessert to try this summer. Quality macarons rely on a good, strong meringue. Egg whites are a primary ingredient in meringue — thus making eggs a key element in the macaron-making process.
Ideal for brunch, warm-weather gatherings, or fulfilling your cravings for a sweet treat, these delightful strawberry macarons are perfectly light and tender. With this recipe, you don’t have to travel clear to a Parisian cafe to enjoy a delicate French treat.
While making these strawberry macarons is a slightly lengthy process, trust us when we say the delicious result is well worth the extra time and work. The full process involves making the strawberry buttercream filling, forming the macaron shells, and filling the shells with a piping bag.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to refrigerate your macarons overnight for at least 12 hours before serving, so allow plenty of preparation time if you plan to make these for a gathering. Head over to the full recipe to make these charming cookies for yourself!
13. Lemon Meringue Pie
As we mentioned previously, eggs are an essential ingredient in meringue. So, naturally, we included classic lemon meringue pie to conclude our list. Light, sweet, and tangy, this is a top-tier summer dessert.
This lemon meringue pie recipe contains a creamy, tart lemon curd topped with a wonderfully fluffy meringue — all packed in a light, flaky pie crust. Using a pre-made crust simplifies the recipe, but you can always make one from scratch if desired.
Visit the recipe to view the ingredients and full instructions! Here’s an overview of the steps for making the lemon filling:
- Whisk your egg yolks in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together water, cornstarch, salt, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Add half of the hot cornstarch mixture to the egg yolks while whisking briskly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and add your remaining cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir over low heat for a minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour this mixture into a pre-baked pie crust and set aside.
For the meringue topping:
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar and mix for a few more minutes until larger peaks develop.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating for one or two more minutes until stiff peaks form.
For assembling and baking the pie:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spoon meringue over the top of the lemon filling, covering it completely.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the meringue is golden brown on top.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool before serving.
Get Started on These Summer Egg Recipes Today
For the best recipe results, quality farm-fresh eggs are a must. When you purchase your eggs from Sauder’s Eggs, you’ll get exceptional quality from a company that values you and the community. From hand-gathering our eggs each morning to processing them with the best technology, our process ensures optimal freshness every step of the way.
Whether you’re looking for traditional white or brown, organic, or free range, we have everything you need to craft delicious egg recipes this summer. Browse our products or purchase eggs from a store near you today!